Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My DS turned 40K, and *ist-D 140K

Well yesterday my DS turned over its 40,000th frame while shooting, and I missed it LOL
Also my original *ist-D is about to hit 140K
I have been resorted to using my backup cameras (the 2 above) since my K10D had to be sent in with a Lensbaby stuck on it, and my "younger" (about 80K) *ist-D stopped writing to all my CF cards.
My K10D is nearing 30K but probaly will have to waite for a while while it is in the shop.
I just got a second K10D today though, I am so happy. I forgot how slow the DS was. Well now when the other K10D comes back I will finally be shooting with a matched pair again. Even though the K10D and *ist-D are very simular in layout etc. it is still a little bit of adjustment going back and forth (mainly AF speed)
well no replies needed. Just was happy to let you all know about the "birthday"

05-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #2

Have you sprained your finger yet hitting the shutter button that many times?
05-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Talk about trigger happy.... So how many does that average in a day?!?
05-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Happy "birthday" - I love that my prolific shooting pales in comparison to your prolific shooting. My DS has more shots than yours (approaching 50K), but the DL and K10 together have less than your first K10D - and that's not counting the 220K you've got on your Ds. Of course, I don't do this for a living . .. hmm.

Bummer about the lensbaby, but good to know it provided the excuse for another body.

05-19-2007, 05:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
...and my "younger" (about 80K) *ist-D stopped writing to all my CF cards..
What's up with that?? That isn't the part I would have expected to fail.

My trusty DS is over 58,000, I wonder who holds the longest life for a DS. I just opened it up yesterday to clean the scroll wheel to try to stop the backwards-forwards-backwards behavior when moving the dial. Other than that, no problems.

My K10 just rolled its first 10,000 too.
05-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #6
Pentaxian

So I guess I'm safe for about another 50,000 on my Ds as I'm only on about 4,000!
05-23-2007, 08:17 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry for the obvious question, but
where can I find the odometer on my k100D?

I curious what my shot count is, I might even keep a monthly tally.

Regards,

germar

05-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, Thanks to all your kind words.

I am back with my K10D now. It is working great. They had to replace the lens mount. But it is all good. I am also sending for a replacement Lensbaby, they want to check out the one that got stuck, and the mount is not a little bent (could have happen when trying to get it off)
But overall news is good.
I am about 1K away from turning over 20K on the 1st K10D and the new one is nearing its 1K But I think all that will be taken care of in the next 3 days of shooting (I am really busy starting tonight)
I agree that it is odd for my "younger" D to have problems, but it has been the lame duck compared to my older one, It has been in now 3 times for var. electronic issues (Ok, 2 times really, They didn’t fix the one right the first time) as opposed to the other one only being in for a loose hot-shoe, and a CLA at 110K
Here is to another 100K on all my bodies
It should only take about a year this time.
05-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I guess it pays to pay attention when putting the lens baby on instead of trying to cross the railroad tracks and doing it blind huh?? I was amazed when we couldn't get that thing off and you needing the camera for a shoot the next day. I'm glad they were able to fix the camera as quickly as they did. I hope to see this thread again when the D has turned 500K and the 10 turns 1,000,000,000. Then it would be time to contact Pentax and retire them to a museum.

Stay busy my friend and great shooting.
05-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Sorry for the obvious question, but
where can I find the odometer on my k100D?

I curious what my shot count is, I might even keep a monthly tally.

Regards,

germar
It depends on how you have opted to number your images I believe, either continuous, or restarting each time you put a card in (or something like that), check your manual.
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Brendan, you seem to use your DSLRs as movie cameras! ;-)

QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
Well yesterday my DS turned over its 40,000th frame while shooting, and I missed it LOL
Also my original *ist-D is about to hit 140K
I have been resorted to using my backup cameras (the 2 above) since my K10D had to be sent in with a Lensbaby stuck on it, and my "younger" (about 80K) *ist-D stopped writing to all my CF cards.
My K10D is nearing 30K but probaly will have to waite for a while while it is in the shop.
I just got a second K10D today though, I am so happy. I forgot how slow the DS was. Well now when the other K10D comes back I will finally be shooting with a matched pair again. Even though the K10D and *ist-D are very simular in layout etc. it is still a little bit of adjustment going back and forth (mainly AF speed)
well no replies needed. Just was happy to let you all know about the "birthday"
05-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Brendan, you seem to use your DSLRs as movie cameras! ;-)
Wow, I think this is a first!
After 4/5+ years of heavy posting in all the Pentax forums, Starting over at Photozone, gravitating to dpreview, than here I am addressed directly by the chief Measurbator himself!
LOL
Hey Michael (I remember when you were Michael Poon (sp??) back in the old photozone days) and have since become the legion of RiceHigh, with the likes of Roland Mabo and Klaus and the more recent as the Pentax employees on the forums and Ben here.
Well thanks man, I dont use them quite as much as some have averaged it out to be, I shoot about 3-5 days a week Its just in those days I can ramp in a lot of images for my jobs. I shoot up to 4 assignments a day for the News, about 4 private jobs a month, 6 weddings a year, and so on. Sports really eat up the memory cards and shutter life, seconded to spot-news and weddings. In a week the most I have done is about 10K over 3 bodies. though I may top that this year in a weekend ok, maybe not than I really would have problems with my joints.

Well all have a good day,
~BrendanPK
05-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #13

CONGRATS! I wish I would have written down what my DS had for a count before it met it's tragic demise. I am quite sure it was a rediculous number! My K10 will turn 20,000 tomorrow! I'll try to get a shot of it if it doesn't happen in the middle of a great race. Yikes...I've only had that body since late March!!
05-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Brendan on your "birthdays" I'm just on 10K + on my DS, but in the last two days I shot almost 400, and will be going out early tomorrow morn. So, although I'm a "late bloomer" I'm trying hard to catch up!

NaCl(my right index finger is noticeably more muscular )H2O
05-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcleoud151 Quote
CONGRATS! I wish I would have written down what my DS had for a count before it met it's tragic demise. I am quite sure it was a rediculous number! My K10 will turn 20,000 tomorrow! I'll try to get a shot of it if it doesn't happen in the middle of a great race. Yikes...I've only had that body since late March!!
Wow, Your outshooting me! Though granted I still expose (untill last week) about 50% on a *ist-D as well as my K10D so If I only had 1 body, It would be around 40-50K since I got it. But I shoot w/ 2 bodies.
How do you shoot 1/2/3 bodies? also how/who are you shooting the races, and what races. I hope that with that many frames since march you are doing 2 things, shooting mainly jpg and 2 getting paid!
Since I got my K10D I have been shooting 75+% in RAW+ and I have filled close to 300gigs in just 4 months!.

As to Photo Tramp:
I will only give up my body to (HOYA) at that high frame count only if I get free tickets to go visit it any time I want