Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Best price for a DA15 to Australia?

I have been trying to source a DA15 limited lens to buy - preferably from an Australian source - and I'm finding most sellers don't have this lens listed - or if they do, it's for an outrageous price.

Can anyone link me to a reputable seller (not too fussed it is outside of Australia) that won't charge me an arm and a leg? What is a good price for this lens anyway?

I'd also consider a used one - if anyone is selling.

Thanks in advance.

09-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You may want to start a Wanted post for the DA 15 if you haven't already.
If you want to buy from someone who won't charge you crazy premiums for a good ltd lens, you're unlikely to find one in Australia.

Used would be tough to find (esp. outside this forum) as they're a recent release, but check out B&H and Adorama first. US vendors, I know, but have the stock and charge the right amount.
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Used would be tough to find (esp. outside this forum) as they're a recent release, but check out B&H and Adorama first. US vendors, I know, but have the stock and charge the right amount.
What Ash said. Most local brick and motar stores are, unfortunately, overpriced, while both B&H and Adorama are well known and well respected online stores.
09-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I ordered from Adorama.

The only annoying thing is although the website allowed me to choose the UPS international shipping option at US$53.30, when I went to checkout it defaulted to Fed Ex economy at US$70.80 and refused to let me change it to anything other than a more expensive option again. Grrr!
Oh, well no big deal - the price is still good.

09-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
Thanks. I ordered from Adorama.

The only annoying thing is although the website allowed me to choose the UPS international shipping option at US$53.30, when I went to checkout it defaulted to Fed Ex economy at US$70.80 and refused to let me change it to anything other than a more expensive option again. Grrr!
Oh, well no big deal - the price is still good.
If you are thinking of ordering from Adorama again, please contact me first and I'll see what I can do to help.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
09-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
If you are thinking of ordering from Adorama again, please contact me first and I'll see what I can do to help.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
Thank you, I'll do that.
09-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have been expecting my DA15 lens to arrive any day now and have just got this rather disappointing email from Adorama:

"Enclosed please find a copy of your order.Please advise a phisical (sic) address.Fed-ex does not serve this postal area.Once we have a phisical (sic) address we will ship it via ups.international."

(By way of explanation, I gave my PO Box as my postal address in the order info)

Now the annoying this is as I said earlier, is that Adorama's website allowed me to choose the UPS international shipping option at US$53.30 but when I went to checkout it defaulted to Fed Ex economy at US$70.80 and refused to let me change it to anything other than a more expensive option again.

Now Adorama plans to send the lens by UPS and their email makes no mention of a refund due to the fact that I paid for a more expensive postage option. Grrrr!
09-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #8

I have been expecting my DA15 lens to arrive any day now and have just got this rather disappointing email from Adorama:

"Enclosed please find a copy of your order.Please advise a phisical (sic) address.Fed-ex does not serve this postal area.Once we have a phisical (sic) address we will ship it via ups.international."

(By way of explanation, I gave my PO Box as my postal address in the order info)

Now the annoying this is as I said earlier, is that Adorama's website allowed me to choose the UPS international shipping option at US$53.30 but when I went to checkout it defaulted to Fed Ex economy at US$70.80 and refused to let me change it to anything other than a more expensive option again.

Now Adorama plans to send the lens by UPS and their email makes no mention of a refund due to the fact that I paid for a more expensive postage option. Grrrr!
Did you actually receive a shipping confirmation email?

Sincerely

Helen Oster

09-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Did you actually receive a shipping confirmation email?

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your prompt reply (via direct email) and action on this matter. I am so used to slow and poor service from international sellers that I am surprised and impressed by your fast and positive response.

I feel positive that this issue will be resolved quickly now.
09-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #10

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your prompt reply (via direct email) and action on this matter. I am so used to slow and poor service from international sellers that I am surprised and impressed by your fast and positive response.

I feel positive that this issue will be resolved quickly now.
No worries; I'm on it!

Sincerely

Helen Oster

09-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Update:

The shipping issue has been resolved and I received a part-refund on the shipping cost.

I am impressed with Adorama's customer service and look forward to receiving my DA15!
09-16-2009, 03:01 AM   #12
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Great to hear some positive feedback from Adorama.
Another tick for the big US online stores.
Those guys know how to do good business... even internationally.
09-16-2009, 03:12 AM   #13

Update:

The shipping issue has been resolved and I received a part-refund on the shipping cost.

I am impressed with Adorama's customer service and look forward to receiving my DA15!
Delighted to hear it!

Helen Oster

09-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Delighted to hear it!

Helen Oster

Damn, I wish I could get this kind of service from seller's here in Oz.
09-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, this has been a VERY interesting thread! I must say that over the past year and a half of spending some thousands of dollars in online buying, I've always had good service from Adorama and it has become the first place I look when I'm shopping.