Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Spock's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 420
Best price for a DA15 to Australia?

I have been trying to source a DA15 limited lens to buy - preferably from an Australian source - and I'm finding most sellers don't have this lens listed - or if they do, it's for an outrageous price.

Can anyone link me to a reputable seller (not too fussed it is outside of Australia) that won't charge me an arm and a leg? What is a good price for this lens anyway?

I'd also consider a used one - if anyone is selling.

Thanks in advance.

09-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,733
You may want to start a Wanted post for the DA 15 if you haven't already.
If you want to buy from someone who won't charge you crazy premiums for a good ltd lens, you're unlikely to find one in Australia.

Used would be tough to find (esp. outside this forum) as they're a recent release, but check out B&H and Adorama first. US vendors, I know, but have the stock and charge the right amount.
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member
pop4's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: YMML
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,877
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Used would be tough to find (esp. outside this forum) as they're a recent release, but check out B&H and Adorama first. US vendors, I know, but have the stock and charge the right amount.
What Ash said. Most local brick and motar stores are, unfortunately, overpriced, while both B&H and Adorama are well known and well respected online stores.
09-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Spock's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 420
Original Poster
Thanks. I ordered from Adorama.

The only annoying thing is although the website allowed me to choose the UPS international shipping option at US$53.30, when I went to checkout it defaulted to Fed Ex economy at US$70.80 and refused to let me change it to anything other than a more expensive option again. Grrr!
Oh, well no big deal - the price is still good.

09-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
Adorama Camera Representative
Helen Oster's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 550
Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
Thanks. I ordered from Adorama.

The only annoying thing is although the website allowed me to choose the UPS international shipping option at US$53.30, when I went to checkout it defaulted to Fed Ex economy at US$70.80 and refused to let me change it to anything other than a more expensive option again. Grrr!
Oh, well no big deal - the price is still good.
If you are thinking of ordering from Adorama again, please contact me first and I'll see what I can do to help.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador


helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
09-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Spock's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 420
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
If you are thinking of ordering from Adorama again, please contact me first and I'll see what I can do to help.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador


helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
Thank you, I'll do that.
09-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Spock's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 420
Original Poster
I have been expecting my DA15 lens to arrive any day now and have just got this rather disappointing email from Adorama:

"Enclosed please find a copy of your order.Please advise a phisical (sic) address.Fed-ex does not serve this postal area.Once we have a phisical (sic) address we will ship it via ups.international."

(By way of explanation, I gave my PO Box as my postal address in the order info)

Now the annoying this is as I said earlier, is that Adorama's website allowed me to choose the UPS international shipping option at US$53.30 but when I went to checkout it defaulted to Fed Ex economy at US$70.80 and refused to let me change it to anything other than a more expensive option again.

Now Adorama plans to send the lens by UPS and their email makes no mention of a refund due to the fact that I paid for a more expensive postage option. Grrrr!
09-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
Adorama Camera Representative
Helen Oster's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 550
Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
I have been expecting my DA15 lens to arrive any day now and have just got this rather disappointing email from Adorama:

"Enclosed please find a copy of your order.Please advise a phisical (sic) address.Fed-ex does not serve this postal area.Once we have a phisical (sic) address we will ship it via ups.international."

(By way of explanation, I gave my PO Box as my postal address in the order info)

Now the annoying this is as I said earlier, is that Adorama's website allowed me to choose the UPS international shipping option at US$53.30 but when I went to checkout it defaulted to Fed Ex economy at US$70.80 and refused to let me change it to anything other than a more expensive option again.

Now Adorama plans to send the lens by UPS and their email makes no mention of a refund due to the fact that I paid for a more expensive postage option. Grrrr!
Did you actually receive a shipping confirmation email?

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

09-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member
Spock's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 420
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Did you actually receive a shipping confirmation email?

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
Hi Helen,

Thanks for your prompt reply (via direct email) and action on this matter. I am so used to slow and poor service from international sellers that I am surprised and impressed by your fast and positive response.

I feel positive that this issue will be resolved quickly now.
09-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #10
Adorama Camera Representative
Helen Oster's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 550
Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
Hi Helen,

Thanks for your prompt reply (via direct email) and action on this matter. I am so used to slow and poor service from international sellers that I am surprised and impressed by your fast and positive response.

I feel positive that this issue will be resolved quickly now.
No worries; I'm on it!


Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador


helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
09-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Spock's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 420
Original Poster
Update:

The shipping issue has been resolved and I received a part-refund on the shipping cost.

I am impressed with Adorama's customer service and look forward to receiving my DA15!
09-16-2009, 03:01 AM   #12
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,733
Great to hear some positive feedback from Adorama.
Another tick for the big US online stores.
Those guys know how to do good business... even internationally.
09-16-2009, 03:12 AM   #13
Adorama Camera Representative
Helen Oster's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 550
Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
Update:

The shipping issue has been resolved and I received a part-refund on the shipping cost.

I am impressed with Adorama's customer service and look forward to receiving my DA15!
Delighted to hear it!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
09-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #14
Veteran Member
wwwmorrell's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mount Buller, Australia
Posts: 398
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Delighted to hear it!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
Damn, I wish I could get this kind of service from seller's here in Oz.
09-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
blackcloudbrew's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cotati, California USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,902
Well, this has been a VERY interesting thread! I must say that over the past year and a half of spending some thousands of dollars in online buying, I've always had good service from Adorama and it has become the first place I look when I'm shopping.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, da15, lens, photography, price, source
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax price increases in Australia dazman Pentax News and Rumors 64 02-24-2009 04:53 AM
The price we pay in Australia Matthew Photographic Technique 6 06-04-2008 11:58 PM
K20D Australia price plummetting today garth1948 Pentax News and Rumors 21 05-21-2008 01:07 AM
K20D release and price in Australia bt*ist Pentax News and Rumors 18 01-29-2008 07:15 AM
K100d price drop - Australia joele Pentax News and Rumors 4 04-20-2007 01:10 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top