Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you got stolen shot by other photographers!

I know that some of us have the habit of taking pictures of photographers at random or with the intention of not letting the subject become aware of it. it's a stolen shot kinda thing if I were to say it. now, had you been in a situation that you got pictured yourself and caught someone doing it to you? mind you that the photographer taking a picture of you is a complete stranger.

I for one got shot on some occasions. the most recent one is, when I caught somebody taking a picture of myself on the last second when I suddenly turned or paused for a review. too bad he shy'ed away. I would had gladly posed for him and fixed myself first because I looked horrible.

I'm just wondering which forum and where would my picture end up with.

Last edited by Pentaxor; 09-05-2009 at 09:14 AM.
09-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Yep, I'm guilty of this, but I try to get both photographer and their subject, because living where I do, it could be the big picture of the beast itself and worth a fortune.
09-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #3

I actually have a set on Flickr called Photographers at work. There is nothing evil or dastardly about it. I just enjoy seeing other photographer doing what I love most.

It's even more fun if I can get them contorting themselves to get the shot. I know I do the same things. And I do try to get the subject in the shot as well. It tells a story of sorts.

I have lots more than are out on Flickr. Just have to take time to edit a few more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytake/sets/72157606985856548/
09-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I'm in public I'm in public. People can take a photo of me if they really want to. Few do.

09-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yeah I quite often take photo's of other photographers taking photo's and am quite sure the same has happened to me. jim
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You mean like this cell phone shot? There was another guy taking a shot of this guy photographing the models. There was all kind of stuff going on in Tally this weekend. 1st Friday, Down Town Get Down and both Universities 1st home game. I didn't have a camera with me. This is the 2nd photo I have taken with this pos in over 2 years I have had it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Blue; 09-07-2009 at 09:24 PM.
09-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A couple of years ago my daughter and I were launching our kayaks for a fall paddle and getting some foliage shots when a tour bus pulled in to the parking lot. They all were Oriental and I think everyone had a DSLR. We instantly became the targets of a hundred cameras as we were the only paddlers on the lake. It was a somewhat uncomfortable feeling. I wasn't sure whether to pose, ignore them or hide. As a photographer I also thought how our paddling was probabling going to ruin the smooth as glass water and all the beautiful reflections. Somewhere there dozens of tourists with pictures of a beautiful fall scene of an Adirondack lake and a slob in a kayak with a chile dog stain on the front of his shirt.

09-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Couple shots taken of me that I only found out about later

Ray shooting Brandon shooting me shooting Ray's car

I'm sure there are some more of me somewhere on flickr, taken by people I don't know...probably while doing something ridiculous like crouching or laying down. Oh well
09-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Yep, I'm guilty of this, but I try to get both photographer and their subject, because living where I do, it could be the big picture of the beast itself and worth a fortune.
I love the concept - took a photo of the interesting photographer (only) and as beginning to "chimp" see that the beast is rapidly swimming away!
09-10-2009, 03:30 AM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by TomK Quote
I love the concept - took a photo of the interesting photographer (only) and as beginning to "chimp" see that the beast is rapidly swimming away!
I would happen to me