Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Post your most Epic FAILED Purchase... here's mine

Talk about dangling a carrot or in this case a leg of lamb in front of your nose... I almost, or so I thought, had one

I wake up, it's still in the cart, I get to work... cancelled

I wasn't upset as I knew it was too good to be true. Makes me wonder if some lucky person did get one or 6 of them listed for $260 a piece. It would be pretty sweet all the same to own and use and of course show off this beast on the rare occasion. I wasn't a fan of the bokeh at times from a few photos I saw but hey, LOOK AT THE PRICE!

09-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes, much too good to be true. They now have your credit card number. Keep a close watch on your account! I hope they are a reputable company.
09-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Mine was yesterday. I saw a fellow on Kijiji selling a P30T with an AF Vivitar 2X TC attached to it. Asking price 45$. I ask if he wants to keep the camera, I'll pay 45$ for the TC, and will he ship. He answers 30$ takes it all, just wants a few dollars. I ask again will he ship? He says too late, it's sold.

Not that I would have used it so often, but for that price, it would have been an investment.
09-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
Dom

I ordered a 77mm LTD for 530.00 they took the money no problem, anyway I e-mail them after a couple of days to say where's my lens. They replied along the lines of sorry we don't have any in stock, you can wait or have a refund. Having the original e-mails I can tell you, they sound like they never had any in the first place but the did give me a refund straight away.

I got my 77mm LTD from my local camera shop for 790 which is still a fair price.

09-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Mine was yesterday. I saw a fellow on Kijiji selling a P30T with an AF Vivitar 2X TC attached to it. Asking price 45$. I ask if he wants to keep the camera, I'll pay 45$ for the TC, and will he ship. He answers 30$ takes it all, just wants a few dollars. I ask again will he ship? He says too late, it's sold.

Not that I would have used it so often, but for that price, it would have been an investment.
Suspect someone had the home court advantage of cash and carry, there.
09-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #6

almost 2 weeks ago the sears.com site stacked several 10/5% discounts on one item above 500%.

after debating wether to get it or not,

I managed to get it to work on the DA300mm and it came to around 700-750$ and on the last checkout page, got a little greedy and tried to get bing cash back (8%).

first the CB banner wouldnt show, and when i finally got to do it later the discounts were gone.

snif, but i didnt really need the lens , figured that i could try it out, if i didnt want it I could easily sell for what i paid (using sigma 100-300mm f4).
09-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #7

OH, and a week and a half ago, I saw a bigma for pentax at target, as is (but was brand new, an online return) for 999.96 instead of 999.99 .... pointed out that it made no sense and argued that usually the store policy allowed for a 30% discount ... unfortunately i left my wallet at a friends house (credit card + several hundred dollars worth of target gict card meant no purchases for a week).

It seems like they sent it back to the warehouse as no one bought it in between time...