Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2014, 12:04 AM   #16
Forum Member

I will try to take a little visit over there this weekend, thanks for the heads up buddy!
Al Raffa - Al Nahda OK

---------- Post added 11-05-14 at 11:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxino Quote
Yes, in Ghubaiba 3-5 mins walk from the bus terminal, situated at the corner of Al Nahda St and Al Raffa St. I do not have the name of the shop but it is somewhat jam-packed, not well-lit and lot of salesman at the counters.
Any clues like what type of lens for pentax do they carry? I mean these guys usually are just selling CANIKON stuffs
Film era lenses maybe? Vintage lenses?

11-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HI Guys,
I am in Dubai, casual photographer struggling to find time to shoot! Got a k5, 18-135, Tammy 17-50 f2.8, F35-70, SMC M50 f1.4, DA35 2.4, DA55-300.
cheers,
Trevelyn
11-08-2014, 12:06 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tjwaung Quote
HI Guys,
I am in Dubai, casual photographer struggling to find time to shoot! Got a k5, 18-135, Tammy 17-50 f2.8, F35-70, SMC M50 f1.4, DA35 2.4, DA55-300.
cheers,
Trevelyn
Hi Trevelyn, am too struggling to find time to shoot...switching to new company while summer just ended...but I guess Dec, Jan and Feb are best times when weather is pleasant and cool enough.
11-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #19

Great to see more Pentax users in Dubai, even if we are vastly out numbered...

12-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #20
Forum Member

Let's have a meet up in December? I need to learn, all this gear, no skills

Weather is excellent these days.
03-26-2015, 07:25 AM   #21
RIS

Hi all, Im moving to dubai for work very soon. is there anyone know more shop info over there?
03-27-2015, 01:44 PM   #22
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RIS Quote
Hi all, Im moving to dubai for work very soon. is there anyone know more shop info over there?
For Pentax we have Salam Studio stores, for Nikon we have the Grandstores.
Both have branches in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
03-27-2015, 10:28 PM   #23

I normally do not recommend someone just simply since I'm not sure that the next person will get the same level of service as I did.

But during December of last year I stumbled onto bhm photo.It's a online retailer that mainly caters for Nikon and Canon,but served my purpose as I only needed a camera bag.I was hesitant since the bag I wanted ,I had already tried to order online from someone else who could not deliver,plus the price was as good as in the States.

Placed the order and go it the next day COD.Impressed with the good service,something rare here,I send a email complimenting them and mentioned it was a potty they did not cater for Pentax.

Within 20 minutes of sending the email,I got a call from them saying that they actually do,just not in great numbers and what they do not have they can order.Asked me if I was looking for any lens in particular.I mentioned that I wanted to look at the Sigma 1.8 18-35 and they actually still had one in stock.He gave me the price and to my shock it was really competitive,the only one I could have found cheaper,worldwide,would have saved me about $10 and then I still had to get it here.

Needless to say I placed the order and had the lens the next day.

I have had no issues with it,so I can not tell you what the after service is like,but my overall impression was good.

The only other option is Salam studio,where you will find personal that knows what they are selling,also something rare here.....but in my experience they are too expensive.Before I knew of bhm I used Adorama and B&H.

Hope this helps

03-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prices at Salam Studio are a bit high and few selections, but I guess It is the only authorized store for repairs. I always order my stuff from BHPhotoVideo and Adorama (it actually helps this forum, by clicking on the links to these online stores in this site), but my recent purchase of used lenses was from eBay I have not tried that BHM. If you are lucky enough, some shops nearr Ghubaiba bus terminal store Pentax and Sigma lenses and prices are very competitive.