Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
mirroring/flipping images?? question and venting...

I just finished flipping through the monthly publication my company puts out to our customers. In this, there is usually a couple articles talking about product features, one or two customer features and such.

For the second month in a row, there has been a photo of one of our products that has been mirrored/flipped. Coming from the service side, it really annoys me to see this happen because it casts one of three ideas into a customers head: these guys are stupid and can't show an accurat picture of their product, that's a horrible idea to have the controls on that side of the cab, or come to me and ask if we have some new product. This month's inverted photo was of an operator inside the cab of the tractor making an adjustment to controls that appear on the left side of the tractor cab. These controls are actually on the right side of the cab.

What they are doing is the equivelant of an auto photog taking a photo of a car intended for the American market and printing it showing the steering wheel on the right side of the car like the British.

So my question is, how often do you guys/gals do this to your photos? I can't say I do it to even 1% of my photos because I don't see the need. I'm just trying to justify why this would even occur. I doubt our photog is still shooting film and loading a piece into the scanner upside down.

10-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did they flip the picture so that the operator was looking to the center of the page rather then to the edge?
10-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
nope. Either way the head was centered looking out, so instead of looking out to the right, he was looking out to the left of the frame
10-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

It sounds to me that the editor has made a decision to make the layout look better in his eye.
I'd be getting in touch with the editorial department of the publication and telling them to stop doing it as it can mislead the customers.