Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Help with rates!

So my wife is an interior designer and I have been taking pictures of her work for her portfolio and website for some time now. I have been pretty happy with the quality of my work so far (I need to work on my lighting technique, but otherwise). A number of her Realtor contacts have contacted her about the photographer she uses. A nice compliment certainly but since this is not my profession it hasn't really gone anywhere. Well today a very large staging company in the area has requested my info and is very interested in using me for some of their work and has requested a rate sheet. I am comfortable enough with my work thus far to feel good about the opportunity.

My problem is I have no idea what a photographer should charge? This type of work would be interiors exclusively and I am unsure if I should charge by the room or by the hour. My first thought would be by the hour since different room/lighting conditions may require more work with setup. Anyway, I am appealing to those on the forum that make money doing this for some insight as to how you provide your services.

Also what is a customary hourly rate for work you are going to provide on disk with full copyright transfer?

thank you all for your help (again!!!).

M

Last edited by mtroute; 10-14-2009 at 01:34 PM.
10-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm doing ROI work, so it's not the same, but I have a friend in Upstate NY charging $400 per interior shoot. I'm not sure if that's the going rate out west, but I think that's probably a good baseline......