Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Unless you're in a society with an indifference to grave sites....
Well there is always an exception to the rule, but from the sound of thongs (and I could be wrong) the OP intends to act in a professional manner, I would venture to guess that any paid model would as well.

10-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Coincidentally, i was asked recently to take pictures of Scrooge and Tiny Tim around town for a production of "Scrooge the Musical". The pictures were to be used for any media work, and one of mine is supposed to show up in the local paper with an article on the play (i hope :-))

The above picture is from a few that was done in a local cemetary. I believe we were all respectful of our surroundings. It also occurred to me that Christmas Carol and the story of Scrooge is respectful in its own way regarding the meaning of life.

It also occurred to me that any souls at the cemetary would hopefully be more amused at our antics than anything else. I do like Mike Cash's idea of leaving flowers as a token of our respect.

What did i learn about taking cemetary pics. Well during the day, there was enough light for my K20D and a f2.8 lens to keep up. But there was a miscommunication about which cemetary we were going to and so it got darker than i wished, forcing me to change to my "fast" 50 at f1.7 and 3200 ISO. They didn't want flash. (cleaning up the noise with a plugin caused the plastic looking skin on the actor) My big mistake was that the director gave me a ride to the cemetary and i forgot to take my tripod along. With a tripod, i could have slowed the shutter down enabling a lower ISO

I don't know if this will affect your fashion shoot, but i found BW looked a lot better for the cemetary shots than color.

Last edited by philbaum; 10-23-2009 at 09:27 PM.
10-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
hi again.

Unfortunately the shoot was over the weekend and as i was out town someone else was brought in for it.

Just to reply to a few comments on here, the site is a ruin from the 1200's and everything was conducted with the respect and restraint.

Think i'll go out there soon to get some shots even without the models

thanks
10-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramair455 Quote
That's what I like to hear...using a farrago of available light sources. Back in the day - with film - you would end up getting film you couldn't use. But in this digital day go for!!
Of course they have these solid state converters which can plug into the cigarette lighter, which would provide a source of 110volts if someone you know has a studio type light. Or one of these lightweight generators like the Honda 1000 watt. I bought one of these powerful beam type lights you can buy for car use, they actually have a rechargeable lead acid battery in them. Problem was it was too powerful and relatively short lived.

11-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
This is super amazing Philbaum.