Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a nice design, Brendan! We can get started as soon as you come up with production/pricing details

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Yeah, My LBA led me to buy 4 lenses within 2 months. Sounds a bit scary for myself. 2 limiteds, one DA prime, and sigma 70-200

Pentax lenses are addictive
11-18-2006, 06:22 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I have always said, THE ONLY CURE FOR LBA IS TO BUY MORE LENSES. although I have not had the time to practice much in the last mounth I do plan on feeding the habbit after the new year. Since Cutler Camera is no longer in business and they have returned my deposit on the K10D preorder, and since the camera is just about on the market. I will be awaiting the first shop in the area to stock it and will be getting the camera and the DA 10-17mm and something in the 100-300mm focal length. and of course wait for the repair cost from Pentax on the rebuild of my FA 600mm (this should cost my first born, but then he doesn't like me anyway, so they can have him.)

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
11-19-2006, 02:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I have always said, THE ONLY CURE FOR LBA IS TO BUY MORE LENSES. although I have not had the time to practice much in the last mounth I do plan on feeding the habbit after the new year. Since Cutler Camera is no longer in business and they have returned my deposit on the K10D preorder, and since the camera is just about on the market. I will be awaiting the first shop in the area to stock it and will be getting the camera and the DA 10-17mm and something in the 100-300mm focal length. and of course wait for the repair cost from Pentax on the rebuild of my FA 600mm (this should cost my first born, but then he doesn't like me anyway, so they can have him.)

Good Shooting.
WHAT DID YOU DO TO A 600MM and what version is it?

Also to roentarre: I have done about the same too.
50 F1.4, DA16-45 F4, 77mm Limited, DA50-200mm
K10 is coming hopefully begin of this week, keeping fingers crossed.

PRICING
I should have pricing tomorrow. I am meeting up w/ my friend than. I will PM adam/Mo with that info, they will set what go's and if final approval, how much. (Hint: I would suggest something like $10/ec that should cover costs, and give a lil to the site for upkeep too. I know its a little high, but maybe we can see about that. Though after all it is meant to be more of a way to keep funds up for the site)

11-19-2006, 04:54 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
WHAT DID YOU DO TO A 600MM and what version is it.
Hi Brendan,
It is an FA 600mm and I didn't do anything to it honest. I bought it in a little shop in Maine and never tried it untill I got home. ( I didn't want the guy I bought it from to know how much of a jerk he was. ( when you have a sucker right). the price for it was really to low to be true. I took a few shots with it and found I had focusing problems. I took it over to our local repair shop and Wes cleaned the contacts of both camera and lens but this did not solve the problem. so I sent it to Pentax Service. (they did the exact same thing and sent it back) still not working right so I contacted Pentax and told them the fix didn't work. I sent it back again (they still have it) and Pentax said the only thing they could think of doing was to tear it down and rebuild it. I told them what ever it takes for what I spent on the lens I want it done. So I hope to have it back by spring.(would be very nice) but I call them each week and the lens is at the factory and they are so far behind in regular production, It will be a while.

Good Shooting.

PS. Just to let you and Adam know It's worth the price just to be a supporter.
the stickers would be great Idea as a bonus, for say a $20.00 donation. or what ever you could give to the site.
11-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes I remember you telling me about that one now.
(I hate You!)
Maybe i could use it one day you could use my 300 2.8

I got some rough pricing, I will PM adam with it.
I will also post the "options" we could have, I would settle on max of 2.
THe current design would cost a little more with the red. An all white (or I found a brushed gray color that looks better I think, will be the cheapest option.
On average orders of 12 at the existing size will be needed for a decent cost price for decals. Bumper-sticker types would be a little about the same even with the "3" colors (red, white, black)
I will post some of the additional designs later
11-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #22

I am in for a couple despite the fact I am in the process of moving right now.,