Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Pentax USA Communication Rant

I recently sent Pentax USA an email inquiring about the availability of the FA* 80-200 f2.8 because they continue to list it on their website as a lens in their product line! Of course, it is imposible to find new in a retail store. So I was curious about what response I would get.

Here it is:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Pentax. I advise for you to go to
Digital Cameras, Camcorders, TV's, Home Theater, DVD Players, Apple iPods you may find it there and for a lot less.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email
or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
(I removed the individuals name because he/she may have only been following the instructions of a supervisor and I did not ask her/his permission to share.)
Pentax Imaging Technical Support

Your Email:
Where can I purchase the FA* 80-200 advertised on your webpage?
Pentax Imaging: smc P-FA 80-200mm F2.8 ED(IF) - FA - Zoom - Digital & 35mm - Lenses - Cameras by Pentax
If anyone from Pentax monitors this forum, I hope they update their webpage and train their staff to dispense more helpful advice. I will give them credit for responding to my email, though.

Rant over....thanks for indulging me!:ugh:

05-31-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

now thats funny, thay have been telling for atleast 2 years now its out of production. Must be a new person.
06-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Snarky post

In the light of day, I regret my above post. I try to post only helpful messages and this doesn't meet my standards.
If I am annoyed at Pentax's response, which I am, I should take that up with them and not take a cheap shot on this forum. Many apologies.
06-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You should let it be know though how they treat all who ask questions. Remember, bigger people than who answer the emails read the forums and let the even bigger heads know whats going on, and who is giving out what info
Though just frame your remarks in a less snoodish maner and it should be fine (though I did not find this post offensive, and you posted in the right section

06-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

some one on another forum knows someone downunder that can get this lens NIB. cost= $2700usd.
06-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
some one on another forum knows someone downunder that can get this lens NIB. cost= $2700usd.
Funny. One sold on ebay last night for $2700 US (NIB). I wouldn't spend that much! You can get a 70-200mm IS USM brand new for $1000 cheaper!
06-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
(I removed the individuals name because he/she may have only been following the instructions of a supervisor and I did not ask her/his permission to share.)
Or the individual (or supervisor) may have simply made a mistake, something even you or I might do occasionally. Perfection is an obvious rare thing in this world, yet many (not necessarily you) still seem to expect it from customer support personnel. As much as I might like a lens, there is simply little reason to waste time worrying when it isn't available.

stewart

06-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr CJ Quote
Funny. One sold on ebay last night for $2700 US (NIB). I wouldn't spend that much! You can get a 70-200mm IS USM brand new for $1000 cheaper!
yeah, but you'd have a canon.....