Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2009, 05:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Seattle area indoor shoots??

I am looking to try some indoors shooting and I am wondering if there are any places that allow photography. I know none of Seattel art museums allow it but this is the sort of place I am looking for. I am just trying to get creative for the winter time and stay dry doing it.

Thanks for any help given
Oren

10-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Try the Museum of Flight; great opportunities for some wide-angle opportunities.
10-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks legacyb4, I tried that one about a year ago but should do a revisit. It was a cloudy day and most of the availible light comes from the stuctures clear panels. I had the K10d at that time also I think but now I have the K7 so I can bump up the ISO
10-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Location: Living in Vancouver, BC, born in Melbourne Australia
Photos: Albums
Hi Oren,
Why not try the Library.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Seattle_library_main_branch_overhead.jpg

A very interesting building (from an Architectural stand point) that has areas with vastly different lighting conditions at different times of the day.

Cheers
Andrew

10-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wasn't the strobist community out that way organizing indoor parking garage shoots and such in the Seattle area? I haven't heard anything about it recently but if you want to play with some other photographers and try some new lighting techniques it could be worth looking into.
10-29-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lats Quote
Hi Oren,
Why not try the Library.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Seattle_library_main_branch_overhead.jpg

A very interesting building (from an Architectural stand point) that has areas with vastly different lighting conditions at different times of the day.

Cheers
Andrew
Dang good idea, thank you Andrew. I should be able to get some real characters there.

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
Wasn't the strobist community out that way organizing indoor parking garage shoots and such in the Seattle area? I haven't heard anything about it recently but if you want to play with some other photographers and try some new lighting techniques it could be worth looking into.
I haven't heard any thing about it but that most definately would be interesting though. The strobist side of photography is one part I know practically nil. I could sure use some tips and such. Thank you