Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Show us your website

Maybe this has been done before but I was thinking that we oughta have a general board for people to post their website.

Mine is ShutterSight Photography

10-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mainly people asking for critiques for their websites, not just sharing them AFAIK...
Mine's below but no decent job...
10-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

There's already a few other threads like this and they all seem to flop because no one participates. Hopefully this one doesn't. Blog link below.
10-29-2009, 01:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Okay I'll go along: Diego Jose - Photographer

10-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Okay I'll go along: Diego Jose - Photographer
Nice website. I like how you kept the header on your blog as well. I haven't figured out yet how to do that on blogspot.

I wonder if one of the reasons these kinds of threads fail is because people are unwilling to accept critique on their website or if it truly is general lack of interest in the topic.
10-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Mainly people asking for critiques for their websites, not just sharing them AFAIK...
Mine's below but no decent job...
You know how to work your camera. Nice photos.
10-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
There's already a few other threads like this and they all seem to flop because no one participates. Hopefully this one doesn't. Blog link below.
Love the mantis picture!

10-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
I wonder if one of the reasons these kinds of threads fail is because people are unwilling to accept critique on their website or if it truly is general lack of interest in the topic.
Probably both. There was another thread where photo bloggers critiqued eachothers site which I thought would be fun but again, that didn't last long.
10-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Yeap! I started one of those failed thread. What I have concluded is that most photographers generally don't get care about their websites until they start getting commercial. Then they use a service or a webdesign company to create a website revolving around their brand. Heck! I have seen some world renown photog with crappy sites. To me, my site is my personal museum. Before I picked up photography, I was a web and graphic designer. So I carry that over to my site. It needs some serious updating right now tho.

Photoblog: Daily Picture Project
10-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by afroed Quote
Yeap! I started one of those failed thread. What I have concluded is that most photographers generally don't get care about their websites until they start getting commercial. Then they use a service or a webdesign company to create a website revolving around their brand. Heck! I have seen some world renown photog with crappy sites. To me, my site is my personal museum. Before I picked up photography, I was a web and graphic designer. So I carry that over to my site. It needs some serious updating right now tho.

Photoblog: Daily Picture Project

I too have seen some pretty poorly designed websites by Professional photogs. It's really suprising. It's almost as if the website is such an afterthought that they think that because they're "Professional" that their name will carry the business. That may well be true. However, for people that are much lower on the totem pole (like me) I think that I need to make my website as good as I possibly can.

BTW, very nice, clean website. I like it.
10-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Great websites everybody. Here is mine.

ROCKY MTN PHOTOS

Jim
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #12

Mine are at Waqas Usman's Photo Galleries at pbase.com.
I Haven't updated them in a long time, but the mountains of Northern Areas of Pakistan would be new for many people here:
Pakistan Photos Photo Gallery by Waqas Usman at pbase.com
11-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Here's mine, although it's more of a photography-related blog than a photo site
A Scenic World
11-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #14
Veteran Member

another failed website thread

Hey Keitha, I like your site and noticed a link to my photoshumi site which I greatly appreciate. I really like your bereft photo, so many stories could stem from a shot like that.
11-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not Yet
Not really a Photo Gallery site, but a primer I am working on for newbees to go to for a simple basic knowledge base that I hope explains a few basic things for better technique.

101Photography Blog