Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeoTaylor Quote
I too am confused by the purple square with the plus sign in the first photo.

To me a hot pixel would be a white dot, only one pixel in size. Since this square covers many pixels I assume it is added by a computer to mark the location of a hot pixel. Who adds it? Is the camera adding the symbol (I dread to think so). Is the software Misty is using to process the photo adding the square? Can this "feature" be turned off?
Nope, that is how they look. Does it make sense? Nah, but what does? If it is a software issue than they all do it exactly the same way, which is not likely. Even Windows Picture Viewer shows it that way.

06-06-2007, 05:12 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi everyone. Well, for those who are interested, here are a couple of the final product. I use CS2 to process and these have been edited. Thanks for looking, and I am always ready, willing, and wanting to hear feedback (good and bad, but not ugly).

Last edited by strictlypentax; 10-03-2007 at 07:30 AM.
06-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
The first one would be better without the out of focus face in the foreground. I think that makes the picture look "untidy", and distracts from the subjects. You should perhaps, if possible, have moved a step to your left. The second one is excellent.

(IANAWP, I Am Not A Wedding Photographer)
06-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Both photos seem to have quite a bit of sunlight coming in from the background (the door and the window) so unless you used +EV (or manual mode), I would think the Autoexposure would underexpose so as not to blow out the window/door. When you processed these, did you have to bring up the brightness/exposure to compensate? If so, this could be the cause of the grain you mentioned.

As for the photos overall, second one is pretty good except the white dress is a bit blown out. The purple came out nice though. Anyway you could recover the dress in CS2 (you did shoot RAW, right? )

06-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. Yes I shot RAW, and yes I had to boost curves. The first one, I was trying to get the boy in also. This isn't a wedding, it's a Quinceanera, but it is just about like a wedding. The position I was in was the best I could get in, as I was already in front of the video man, and there was like a 10 foot space I had to shoot in. It was really a bad spot to shoot overall. Oh, also, I was shooting in manual.
06-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Quinceanera. A celebration of a young lady reaching 15!

One has to allow for the limited chance to frame a good photo, so some distractions are expected. What caught my eye is the window. How did those pastel colors appear? Is that a normal clear window or perhaps colored glass or decorated?
06-10-2007, 08:45 AM   #22
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeoTaylor Quote
Quinceanera. A celebration of a young lady reaching 15!

One has to allow for the limited chance to frame a good photo, so some distractions are expected. What caught my eye is the window. How did those pastel colors appear? Is that a normal clear window or perhaps colored glass or decorated?

I'm sorry I'm just now replying to your post. They were stained glass in the church. It was very hard to control color with those distractions in the back!