I just voted for the Top Canadian, and your still at 98%
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #18

I just put in my vote, you're still at 98%
06-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
got my vote too...

Hi Ben,

just gave you another 4... did not do much though... you are still at 98...

06-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I hadn’t voted earlier, since I didn’t really understand the system; but threw my weight in this time.

But I would say that just to be in category with photographers like Herb Ritts, etc. is quite an achievement.

I think you’re site is looking very good, with fine music as well. The series including the one with only the eyelashes in focus, is fabulous too. But I think that in some way it is hard for me to give a say, since your type of photography is in my taste, so most likely I will have a favourable opinion of a lot of it. But from a technical and artistic point of view, I think that it is really outstanding, in particular the play with light and shadow.

When looking at the entries of many of the other top photographers from the link to the Olaphoto site, I feel that I don’t deserve to give my vote, though. I’m not the one to try and give a conclusion and judgement over these masterpieces of photography. But great to see them.

Don’t know if it makes any sense.

It is also a bit difficult to cast a vote, with so many different kind of photographers : Henri Cartier-Bresson, Steve McCurry, Frans Lanting, and so forth.
Anyway, when it is up in this class, it will all come down to personal taste and opinion. The level of photography is so high that it will be difficult for us mortals to really point a finger at anything.
06-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks..

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
I hadn’t voted earlier, since I didn’t really understand the system; but threw my weight in this time.

But I would say that just to be in category with photographers like Herb Ritts, etc. is quite an achievement.

I think you’re site is looking very good, with fine music as well. The series including the one with only the eyelashes in focus, is fabulous too. But I think that in some way it is hard for me to give a say, since your type of photography is in my taste, so most likely I will have a favourable opinion of a lot of it. But from a technical and artistic point of view, I think that it is really outstanding, in particular the play with light and shadow.

When looking at the entries of many of the other top photographers from the link to the Olaphoto site, I feel that I don’t deserve to give my vote, though. I’m not the one to try and give a conclusion and judgement over these masterpieces of photography. But great to see them.

Don’t know if it makes any sense.

It is also a bit difficult to cast a vote, with so many different kind of photographers : Henri Cartier-Bresson, Steve McCurry, Frans Lanting, and so forth.
Anyway, when it is up in this class, it will all come down to personal taste and opinion. The level of photography is so high that it will be difficult for us mortals to really point a finger at anything.
Thank you Sune for taking the time to write...Appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the site.

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
06-08-2007, 01:49 AM   #22

not sure if you all noticed

but look at the lens on top of the page..
Olaphoto.com : Photographe - annuaire photographie 1

looks suspiciously like a smc Pentax ...... AL lens

(but not sure which one though)

06-09-2007, 03:27 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It is...

QuoteOriginally posted by kianhe Quote
but look at the lens on top of the page..
Olaphoto.com : Photographe - annuaire photographie 1

looks suspiciously like a smc Pentax ...... AL lens

(but not sure which one though)

It is the Pentax 16-45 f4.0 Lens.

Ben
06-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #24
Forum Member

I put a 4, but it was at 98 after I did it????
06-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Done - hope it helps.