Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Flickr sektop client:Flickroom

I did an interview with key developer of Flickroom.org here on my color photo blog. It seems to show some promise. Check it out and see what you think.

11-16-2009, 02:29 AM   #2

looks good! i'll try it out later tonight

edit:
i tried it. still a bit slow and laggy. but then, it's still in beta.

Last edited by L(2); 11-16-2009 at 02:49 AM.
11-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah I think that is an inherent Adobe Air issue. There is still robust set of features in there that makes it worth investigating though. Thanks for checking and commenting.
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I have flickroom installed and used it a few time but it was a little clunky and slow but that may have been Air's fault. I just updated Air last night and will try flickroom again. Overall, I like the experience of it as I'm a LR user and think that the flickr UI is pretty ugly and outdated.

11-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
I have flickroom installed and used it a few time but it was a little clunky and slow but that may have been Air's fault. I just updated Air last night and will try flickroom again. Overall, I like the experience of it as I'm a LR user and think that the flickr UI is pretty ugly and outdated.
Hey Fig,
Yeah I need to try again with new AIR update. AIR shows great promise in maintaining heavy app UI in light app,bust it seems to hang a bit. One nice feature if you belong to Flickr groups is you can add to multiple ones via Flickroom while setting up upload settings. Can't believe Yahoo enlarged Flickr logo and added tehir own thinking that was an improvement to our experience??? :P