Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Help with Pentax Photo Gallery

This may have been asked here already but after going through the first umpteen pages of a couple other PPG threads I gave up searching.

What does it mean if your submissions are declined immediately?

I was careful to read the rules and guidelines and I tried to upload the full 10 images allowed, 600 pix H, no PS hanky panky, EXIF data intact, no objectionable subject matter, no frames or signatures, no copyright (other than what might show up in the metadata, but no watermark or such).

3 or 4 of the shots were with a Sigma lens, the rest were pentax. 3 or 4 of the shots were HDR but they have a category in the gallery for HDR so I don't think that was it. But I doubt anybody live would have even had time to look at them that quickly so I gotta think it was the "bot". Either they are just bombarded with uploads and have their "filter" set to reject any yahoo like me who signs up and uploads the max 10 right off the hop in the same day, or there was some infraction in my submissions that I missed. Any ideas?

11-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I noticed early on that if I sized photos at exactly 600 pix H, they often got rejected out of hand. Since the site automatically resizes larger photos to 600 pix H I think it goes a little wonky sometimes and slices off your 600th pixel. This makes it fail the minimum size test and it gets an automatic reject. I now size submissions at 601-602 pix H and have not had an auto reject since.

Of course I could be totally wrong, but other folks have mentioned the same problem.

Best of luck!

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 11-17-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: damned typos
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

PPG usually gives an explanation as to why images are rejected immediately.
Did it give you any idea as to what didn't meet their requirements?
I've entered photos at exactly 600px and have had them go through to "Ready for Review".
11-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #4

Original Poster
well i logged back in and i guess i was wrong- it appears they are awaiting review. maybe it was that i am unfamiliar with the various screens and how the process is formatted on screen but it sure looked to me that they were declined straight away. maybe i'm getting too old but that whole site to me is anything but intuitive. sorry, my bad.

11-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good luck with your submission!
11-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
PPG usually gives an explanation as to why images are rejected immediately.
Did it give you any idea as to what didn't meet their requirements?
I've entered photos at exactly 600px and have had them go through to "Ready for Review".
Maybe they've fixed that bug. I did write and complain about it, but in their typical fashion, never wrote back to say if they'd done anything.

Mike