Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #1

New Eneloops?

I've decided on the Kx and want to get the right batteries. I read something about a new longer lifespan Eneloop. Anyone know if the new Eneloops are available and where they can be found? How do you tell them apart from the older ones? Also, from what I've read, the charger is important. Any recommendations on a proper charger for these batteries?

Thanks.

11-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't know about the new eneloops because I still use the old ones. But I'd do a search for eneloops and battery chargers here on PF.

I found several good threads when just recently I had a similar question. Here's the one of the best I found regarding battery chargers. Hope it helps.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/60724-rechargin...batteries.html
11-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #3

The new eneloops are available already here in Japan so they shouldn't be too long before they hit where you are. The new packaging states the new increased cycle count... if I remember correctly

If you are talking about the new coloured ones, they will be released later this year, on a limited production basis as I understand it.

As for chargers, I use a Sanyo quick charger designed for their high cap. 2700 mAh NiCads. The Japanese site specifically lists my charger as being OK so I am guessing that other NiCad chargers will be fine. Just make sure you get a proper "smart" charger, as in one which detects charge for each individual cell and has various methods for determining full charge. Or you could just buy the battery and charger bundle