Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Batteries for the K7 D-BG4 grip

I am getting the K7, very soon (ordered) and I will get a D-BG4 grip that goes with it.
The grip doesn't come with the D-LI90 battery and here in this part of Canada, the price is VERY high for this battery! ... $99.00 Cdn.
I will be able to use "AA" batteries, six of them!, but that would be just as bad in price considering the lifespan of regular batteries.
I was wondering if anyone had any info to get the real thing at a lesser price, hopefully in Canada.

Any help appreciated!

JP

11-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

The other thing you could consider is a set of Sanyo Eneloops. The Superstore sell a PC brand version for around $20 for 4. So you'd have to get 2 sets but they last a long time and are rechargable.
11-28-2009, 03:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
The other thing you could consider is a set of Sanyo Eneloops. The Superstore sell a PC brand version for around $20 for 4. So you'd have to get 2 sets but they last a long time and are rechargable.
Eneloops are definitely highly recommended for AAs, and should indeed run much less than the Pentax battery. I've also heard good things about Maha / Powerex Imedion batteries (their equivalent of Eneloop), although I've yet to try them myself.
11-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am not sure if they have this sort of battery (Eneloops) here in my small town, but I'll cjeck. That would be great if they did.