Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Heard this on NPR this morning... Norman Rockwell

Behind the Lens: Norman Rockwell's Photographers, A Mixed Picture

Thought people might be as interested in this as I was.

11-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for posting this. I live less than two hours from Stockbridge MA, I should drive up there again. It has been over 20 years since I visited. I understand the town's other attraction, Alice's Restaurant, has closed.
11-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting - I've always enjoyed his paintings - never knew that he used photography to "stage" his paintings.
12-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting. Very interesting article. jim

12-05-2009, 04:20 AM   #5

Definitely go check out his museum in Stockbridge, MA... its fantastic. Also check out Joe's Diner on Main St in Lee (exit 2 off the pike, where you'll probably get off anyway). This is where he painted the famous shot of the officer glanding down at the young kid next to him on the diner stools. It's still exactly the same at Joe's.

I grew up in the town next door, Lenox. The Berkshires in general are a wonderful place for wide range of photog - nature & birding (some bald eagles have returned the last few years), landscapes, lakes, but also live music at Tanglewood & Club Helsinki, theater and fine art (NR museum and MOMA in N Adams).