Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2009, 05:41 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Andy Rouse

Had the privilige of attending a presentation by Andy Rouse yesterday afternoon. Some stunning shots and also some good video footage showing the behind the shot scenes. As he admits, some stupid stunts also, just to get the shot:-
"Lying in the path of Bull Elephant on their way to the waterhole"
or "walking up to a Hippo whilst it is grazing in the bush" etc etc

He also runs wildlife photo safaris, trips to the Galapagos and to the Antarctic - At 6000+ per head for the two week trip I think I will be waiting for that lottery win...

After the show I managed to buy 3 of his books. He did also autograph them for me. If you get the chance, go and see him. Very entertaining and down to earth. He was a Canon man and then saw the light and moved to Nikon
As a Pentax user, I was glad he gave them a mention, he has used pentax in medium format for some of his shots. On his web site it gives all the details of his next round of talks and presentations. For anyone in the area, he did mention that he has an outdoor exhibition of some of his prints - made into large posters and waterproofed, and on show in Bath

Last edited by CertEdFriday; 12-01-2009 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Couple of typos
12-05-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My guess is that he is a photographer,but who is Andy Rouse?I might have to google his name up!!!