Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dugrant153 Quote
John Woo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaDon't think we can fire a camera in each hand unless one had a left-handed shutter, but we can definitely fly through the air in slow mo (with practice)!
I've fired a camera in each hand at the same time before. I figured out a way to hold the camera in my left hand so I could aim it and press the shutter release. I had my 14/2.8 on it, and it was manually focused on 1 meter, Av mode at f/8, so I didn't have to worry about focus or exposure. I had 50-135 on the other camera, and I was look through that one and composing my shots. The other one I was just holding up and shooting, figuring I would get some keepers and a bunch of crap, which is exactly what happened. It worked pretty well though, I was able to get good tight shots, and a ew good wide ones all at once. I also have giant hands, so people with smaller hands would have trouble holding the camera in the way I figured out.

12-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
my 2nd Kx is on its way so i might try some woo action.

i bet i end up dropping one though
12-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
which brings up the next question: how do you guys deal with two cameras? i currently have one in a holster bag, and then my main one on an R-strap.
12-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dugrant153 Quote
which brings up the next question: how do you guys deal with two cameras? i currently have one in a holster bag, and then my main one on an R-strap.
I use a little scheme I have referred to in another thread or two as a 'triangle.' Conventional straps, shoulder bag, camera bodies rotating between bag, slung-on-the-same-shoulder-as bag, and held with a wrist-wrapped strap in shooting hand. That way there's always somewhere to put anything.

If one of the bodies is set up particularly heavy or is my Mamiya, that body actually ends up actually hanging by a strap around my neck amid this process and staying there.

It works with *three* bodies, too, actually, if one is small, at least.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-15-2009 at 01:38 PM.
12-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well, I went in with a one camera setup for an event and found myself changing lenses constantly. I think with a zoom you can go in with one body, but with prime lenses you need two cameras in order to save from switching or missing shots that go close in, then go tele!
01-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #51
Forum Member

did anyone find a gun-like grip which can be attached to the camera's tripod screw mount?
That would definitely enable shooting with both cameras at the same time :-)

update: found some old picture on the web that describes what I mean:

Not sure if these type of hand grips are still available though.
It would mean easy two camera shooting :-)

Last edited by jan rinze; 01-21-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: more info
01-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #52
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Holsters to go with these grips might be a good idea, Jan.

On my 2 camera assignments, it does get cumbersome, but there's little way around it - and always a risk of one or both cameras getting damaged. Both are transported in separate shoulder bags until reaching the venue, then one (with heavy lens) is slung around my neck, the other (with lighter lens) over my shoulder.

01-24-2010, 05:05 AM   #53

Yes - 2 cameras - K20D usually with the 50-135mm and a K7 with the 16-50mm for weddings.
01-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jan rinze Quote
Walking around with a setup like that where I live (New York City) could get you shot for real!
01-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #55

I typically shoot with 2 dSLRs, 1 film Rangefinder, and a higher end P&S accessible as well. In the bag as backup always have 2 film SLRs and a 2nd higher end P&S.
01-26-2010, 02:15 AM   #56
Veteran Member

I am beginning to catch flak for always having my kx with me. My wife almost always has her half decent P&S and as a just got to get the shot I have a cell phone with a 5 mpix camera. But it works out well, I agree what is the point of having a camera if you are not going to use it.
01-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jan rinze Quote
did anyone find a gun-like grip which can be attached to the camera's tripod screw mount?
That would definitely enable shooting with both cameras at the same time :-)

update: found some old picture on the web that describes what I mean:

Not sure if these type of hand grips are still available though.
It would mean easy two camera shooting :-)
I've used one of those and it sucked. You still have to use both hands since you have to focus (or did when I used it). Now it might be a little different with the near universal availability of AF lenses, but it's still an uncomfortable way to use an SLR.

Mike
01-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #58
Veteran Member

I'm just starting out, so I'm getting used to carrying one body around occasionaly, let alone two
01-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I do like to keep the K10d set up fully manual for M and K lenses, so I will often use two bodies.