Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #1

What store is the cheapest?

What store is the cheapest for buying a K-7? i am going on a vacation around New York..

I found this one:
Pentax K7 , 14.6 Megapixel Digital SLR, Digital Camera (Body Only)

12-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Looks like they have mixed reviews on reseller ratings. If you intend to buy in-store, as long as you get everything (including the warranty card!) when purchasing, I don't see how any problem with that. Perhaps there are some local new yorkers that could give a better idea of good local retailers. B&H and adorama definitely come off as the most reputable dealers in the NY area.
12-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #3

Original Poster
ok..but do you know any price examples?
12-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beware! camerakings.com aka Broadway Photo is rated Unsatisfactory by the Better Business Bureau: BBB review here

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 12-09-2009 at 04:58 PM.
12-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Looks like they have mixed reviews on reseller ratings. If you intend to buy in-store, as long as you get everything (including the warranty card!) when purchasing, I don't see how any problem with that. Perhaps there are some local new yorkers that could give a better idea of good local retailers. B&H and adorama definitely come off as the most reputable dealers in the NY area.
I agree. 17th Street and 47th Street are reputable in NYC as well.
12-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shouldn't this be in the Digital SLR section?
12-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimfear Quote
Shouldn't this be in the Digital SLR section?
I thought it was more appropriate in Everything Else, so I moved it there.

12-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Balticthor Quote
ok..but do you know any price examples?
I do like looking at stuff alot, but generally for my own gain! The internet is of course your friend...

Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders

47st. Photo

For a start!
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

If you want to buy a camera in NYC, do not go by price alone. You want a reputable photographic equipment store (not one of the storefronts selling cameras, radios, watches and rugs); there are also a goodly number of NY based internet operations that you don't want to deal with. B&H and Adorama are probably your best bets. There are certainly other reputable places, but I would advise checking any others out on this forum.
12-09-2009, 05:15 AM   #10
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
.....B&H and adorama definitely come off as the most reputable dealers in the NY area.

QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
.....You want a reputable photographic equipment store B&H and Adorama are probably your best bets.
Thanks for the recommendations - as always, very much appreciated.
12-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would like to add about Adorama.... I know they get a lot of good reviews....

But on two recent orders I made with them, 1 power adapter and 1 rocket blower, the packaging is really bad!! The item is simply not properly packed. After this two orders and looking the way they pack your item, I am not sure if I would order lens and camera from them!

Please Adorama, improve your packaging dept.!

(But I guess if you pick up locally, you should be fine...)
12-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Don't forget about Newegg. They're the end-all computer hardware source, but everybody forgets about them when it comes to camera equipment. They don't have the stuff real camera stores have, but the selection is fairly decent. They're actually selling the K7 right now with a free bag.
12-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
VAV

QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
If you want to buy a camera in NYC, do not go by price alone. You want a reputable photographic equipment store (not one of the storefronts selling cameras, radios, watches and rugs); there are also a goodly number of NY based internet operations that you don't want to deal with. B&H and Adorama are probably your best bets. There are certainly other reputable places, but I would advise checking any others out on this forum.
Also to remember if you are buying in New York - taxes add 8.25% to the cost.
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
I would like to add about Adorama.... I know they get a lot of good reviews....

But on two recent orders I made with them, 1 power adapter and 1 rocket blower, the packaging is really bad!! The item is simply not properly packed. After this two orders and looking the way they pack your item, I am not sure if I would order lens and camera from them!
Can you please contact me with your order number so that I can check who packed these items, and take appropriate action? Thank you.
12-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
edl
Veteran Member

Adorama and B&H are my favorites, but I also use Cameta Camera and they've been great. Amazon is also very price-competitive, I bought my last SLR and TV from them.

If you use ebay, check out adorama's ebay store (adoramacamera) and go through Bing cashback first to maximize your dollars.