Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #1

Advice needed - selling camera system

Hi everyone...

Now that I'm "digital" my film equipment is doing no one any good. Time to sell.

I have a Pentax MZ-5n camera, 50-200 lens, AF500FTZ flash, all in what I consider "excellent" condition, other bits and pieces and a near full box of Fuji Velvia that is outdated but still good - kept under refrigeration.

Question: am I better off offering it as a system for an "everything included" price, or should I sell each piece individually? It's my guess there are very few looking for a complete system, but perhaps many looking for one or more of the parts. But what if the flash and lens sell leaving me with a camera and film, etc.? Also, I don't look forward to dealing with each piece separately - haven't got the patience.

I was even thinking of offering free shipping to the buyer of the complete system.

I'd appreciate your thinking. Thank you.
Richard

12-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by rae2 Quote
Hi everyone...

Now that I'm "digital" my film equipment is doing no one any good. Time to sell.

I have a Pentax MZ-5n camera, 50-200 lens, AF500FTZ flash, all in what I consider "excellent" condition, other bits and pieces and a near full box of Fuji Velvia that is outdated but still good - kept under refrigeration.

Question: am I better off offering it as a system for an "everything included" price, or should I sell each piece individually? It's my guess there are very few looking for a complete system, but perhaps many looking for one or more of the parts. But what if the flash and lens sell leaving me with a camera and film, etc.? Also, I don't look forward to dealing with each piece separately - haven't got the patience.

I was even thinking of offering free shipping to the buyer of the complete system.

I'd appreciate your thinking. Thank you.
Richard
Initially, I think it's always best to offer it as a kit, so you won't end up with an item that will be harder to dispose of. If you are not getting any "bites", then selling them individually is inevitable. Throw in as many incentives as possibel, like what you already mentioned "free shipping" and a liberal return policy if buyer is not satisfied...Good luck.
12-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, noecia.
12-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Or keep it for the occasional bout of nostalgia that is sure to occur from time to time.
Like, just after you've sold it for example.

12-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a hard time selling anything that worked well when new. I still have my Dad's Edixa camera and lenses, 1970's stuff, works great to this day!

If I had a big enough offer, I would sell just about anything. So, to me, I comes down to price. If I am going to get next to nothing, why sell it at all?

I would definitely try to sell it all as a package, at first.
12-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

depends on venue. all of those items will sell no problem on ebay, for example; listing separately typically brings in more money total.