Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What should a group of 3 or more Pentaxians be called?
Flock (as in "a Flock of Seagulls") 89.76%
Pod (as in "a Pod of Dolphins") 56.10%
Pack (as in "a Pack of Wolves") 1113.41%
Murder (as in "a Murder of Ravens") 78.54%
Plethora (as in "a Plethora of Pinatas") 1315.85%
Click (as in "a Clique of Friends") & what you do to take a photo 2226.83%
Herd (as in "a Herd of Mustangs") 33.66%
Pride (as in "a Pride of Lions") 2226.83%
Troop (as in "a Troop of Kangaroos") 1214.63%
OTHER (please post your suggestions) 2935.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hmmmmmm I found "Troop of Kangaroos" on Wikipedia... Mob does sound more Aussie. But I don't think it fits Pentaxians... Maybe "a Mob of Canoniers" but never "a Mob of Pentaxians."

Mike

12-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #17
Voe
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They should be called "The Wild Bunch" as in the movie about an aging outlaw gang at the Texas-Mexico border trying to exist in the modern world (dominated by Canon and Nikon).
12-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Hmmmmmm I found "Troop of Kangaroos" on Wikipedia... Mob does sound more Aussie. But I don't think it fits Pentaxians... Maybe "a Mob of Canoniers" but never "a Mob of Pentaxians."

Mike
Its funny how some words mean different things to diferent people,
to me "mob" implies an irreverence, a non-compliance to orderly rule, a toughness, loyalty to a group or common cause without blind faith and an individuality within.

But, I certainly understand that in other parts of the world "The Mob" has a very different connotation.....
(I can hear the hush whispered tones now as the Pentax group walk down a street......"there goes the Pentax Mob" )

Yes, a little like the Wild Bunch.
12-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
Veteran Member

penultimate

Thank you
Russell

12-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #20
Veteran Member

A Merger of Pentaxians?
12-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Why not a Prism of Pentaxiums?
12-15-2009, 01:21 AM   #22
Voe
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Why not a Prism of Pentaxiums?
That would be Pentaprism

12-15-2009, 02:19 AM   #23
Closed Account

Get two more Pentaxians for a total of five and be just.. PENTAX!!! Simple isn't it?
12-15-2009, 07:10 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
there goes the Pentax Mob" )
I love it!

We could all buy Harleys and grow beards (well the blokes anyway... hopefully not the Sheilas) and get Pentax tattoos and ride around with a skeletonized K1000 with wings embroidered on the back of our leather jackets.

Mike

p.s. ohhhh, and have turf wars with those sissy Canon guys in their minivans and the Nikon guys on their scooters.

p.p.s. also, did not mean that MOB was Aussie... just that MOB sounds like something an Aussie would call a bunch of bloody roos. I love you guys and was supposed to get posted to Alice Springs at one point in my Air Force career. Unfortunately they cancelled the assignment and sent me off to the Azores instead. I never did figure out who I pissed off to deserve that.!

p.p.p.s. no insult intended to the Azores either. Just that Terceira is a far cry from the Outback...

Last edited by MRRiley; 12-15-2009 at 07:34 AM. Reason: damned typos
12-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love it!

We could all buy Harleys and grow beards (well the blokes anyway... hopefully not the Sheilas) and get Pentax tattoos and ride around with a skeletonized K1000 with wings embroidered on the back of our leather jackets.

Mike

p.s. ohhhh, and have turf wars with those sissy Canon guys in their minivans and the Nikon guys on their scooters.
Now we're talking!!

Just so long as we dont have to ride Gold Wings !?
12-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I love it!

I could get like a fake ZZ Top type one? Some old Yamaha, maybe? And maybe like a tatt of a 6x7 that says 'Mom' above it?

QuoteQuote:

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet.
12-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #27
Forum Member

How about "rarity"

I like the bikie bit though lol
12-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #28
Pentaxian

A pentafold of Pentaxians.
A smart of Pentaxians.
A penlight of Pentaxians.
A parsnip of Pentaxians (not very common, but a choice that is good for you)
12-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I love it!

Mike

p.p.s. also, did not mean that MOB was Aussie... just that MOB sounds like something an Aussie would call a bunch of bloody roos. I love you guys and was supposed to get posted to Alice Springs at one point in my Air Force career. Unfortunately they cancelled the assignment and sent me off to the Azores instead. I never did figure out who I pissed off to deserve that.!

p.p.p.s. no insult intended to the Azores either. Just that Terceira is a far cry from the Outback...
Sounds like a cool idea! However, I'm a little creaky for that at my current stage of life. But, it appeals to the 20 year old guy that lives inside me!
12-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Well if we are doing this Aussie style,then maybe it should be "A fair dinkum mob of bloody Pentax blokes and shielas"