Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
OK...admit it, who stayed up until Midnight to peek for Pentax Goodies...

under the tree?

Favorite stocking stuffer?

So what did ya get as the 'big' prezzie for being soooo good all year long?

Me? Well, I spent it all on a new water heater, furnace and roof. Really I loved that...next up gonna do a DIY kitchen remodel...really that is my idea of fun!

Oh, I also snuck in some near gear but nothing other than accessorizing goodies...

12-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
under the tree?

Favorite stocking stuffer?

So what did ya get as the 'big' prezzie for being soooo good all year long?

Me? Well, I spent it all on a new water heater, furnace and roof. Really I loved that...next up gonna do a DIY kitchen remodel...really that is my idea of fun!

Oh, I also snuck in some near gear but nothing other than accessorizing goodies...
Hee. I'm not much of a 'peeker,' myself. The holidays are mostly when I get personal stuff that the photo enterprise doesn't leave much room for. Someone would have to go way-off-budget to surprise me with any Pentax stuff at this point, anyway. Warm slippers and arthritis-friendly cooking stuff are the highlights. I'm stylin' with a cast-iron saucepan that has handles that make it easy to negotiate.
12-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hee. I'm not much of a 'peeker,' myself. The holidays are mostly when I get personal stuff that the photo enterprise doesn't leave much room for. Someone would have to go way-off-budget to surprise me with any Pentax stuff at this point, anyway. Warm slippers and arthritis-friendly cooking stuff are the highlights. I'm stylin' with a cast-iron saucepan that has handles that make it easy to negotiate.
I am with ya there...this winter my RA has been murder, the hands especially. Two years ago I treated myself with a set of nice forged Japanese stainless pro chef knives by Bodum. They were on some sort of clearance on Amazon for something like $49 (might have been $25, I forget) compared to the normal $700+ price all because they were not sharpened at the factory as well as a retired design. Heck I then just popped for a nice and sorta spendy sharpener. Now I have a wonderful set of very well balanced real knives that are gonna out live me. And since I can't eat out due to the side effects of the RA (celiac & lactose probs) I am forced to cook at home almost exclusively and chopping/cutting is the hardest thing for me to do, some days I can hardly dice an onion. Soooo, I know what a joy a nice seemingly simple bit of cookware can mean. I have been building a set of Calphalon pro line cookware for a few years now ...nice and light weight, one piece (no clad seams to eventually separate from the bottom) with attached handles and nonstick which makes cleaning much easier on the hands. BTW, Barkeepers Friend is the best stuff in the world for cleaning your cookware it cuts down the need for "elbow grease" when cleaning and does not contain chlorine, its ammonia based instead which is far less toxic over time.

As for photogear, I am still where I could be surprised pretty easily...even with a book or anything else small, especially a nice small bag for the new "little kit" of mostly silver Pentax... This year I got a couple of clear accessory pouches and "packing cubes" by Tom Bihn which will be ideal for keeping accessories separate, clean & dry in the bag or on the shelf at home.
12-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At midnight I was at work. Same place I'll be New Year's, and five or six nights every week...

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 12-27-2009 at 10:18 AM.
12-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
At midnight I was at work. Same place I'll be New Year's...

Chris
well, that just lets you buy more gear, right? "Cup half full" is my motto, of course the reason mine is only half full is there is a hole in the bottom and not matter how fast I try and fill it, it never seems to fill for more than an instant. Or in the immortal words of "Norm" "...its a dog-eat-dog world and I feel like I am wearing Milk Bone underwear..."
12-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #6

I didn't stay up til midnight, but I got a DA 55-300mm and a Tamrac camera bag. If only I could have gotten a flash
12-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got my present early this year - it covers Christmas and my birthday (in January)...

12-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got my Christmas present on 16 December. My 3-year old grandson came to visit for 2 weeks. He is going home (WA) on the 30th, and I will really miss him.
12-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
Pentaxian

50 mm F2.8 Macro Pentax and B+W clear filter for lens.
12-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
wow...everyone got fun stuff...neat...time for pictures!!
12-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
wow...everyone got fun stuff...neat...time for pictures!!

Hee, actually some of the most fun stuff about this year *was* the photos I got over the course of the Yule celebrations.

It's great when you really feel on your game.
12-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I bought a white K-m and it arrived the day before xmas.
12-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hee, actually some of the most fun stuff about this year *was* the photos I got over the course of the Yule celebrations.

It's great when you really feel on your game.
I feel the same way!!
12-28-2009, 04:19 AM   #14
Veteran Member

My present came the day after Xmas, a new computer, and the following day was spent assembling it and getting it up and running.
The good lady got her present 2 weeks before Xmas, a K7.
12-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #15
Veteran Member

My girlfriend and I exchanged presents a few days before Christmas because she was going oiut of town to see her family. I was so happy to open up my Cactus V4 transmitter and receivers! And happier that I didn't have to wait until Christmas to use them. :P
(They were the only items on my Christmas list.)