Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
Here's what we need.....a new foveon sensor with 10MP for each layer. That would beat anything out there so far.
I don't think it would in all conditions -- particularly, the noise problems would get even worse.

QuoteQuote:
The Foveon makes more sense as each layer actually capture real color.
That's the theory, but the reality is a bit more murky. One issue is that all three color layers actually absorb some light in the wavelengths intended for the *other* layers -- this has to be subtracted out in software. And smaller, denser photosites would mean that this error is relatively larger.

Basically, it's all about compromise.

06-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
All I can say is this after my lunch with Pentax...Who ever said that Pentax was bound to use the same sensor as Nikon or Sony

Ah...Life is full of surprises. Better later than not at all.

Ben, I know you want to impress us with all the inside info you have, but threads like this offer little benefit to us, feeding unsubstantiated rumors instead. Why don't you post something you can tell us about Pentax, such as what they're doing about the existing products (fixes, etc), upcoming firmware plans, new products, marketing tidbits, promotions, and other info we can use?

stewart
06-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #18
Veteran Member

what did you have for lunch?
06-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Ben, you can't tell us about your lunch in France without showig us some pictures of all the beautiful women that walked past

06-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #20
Veteran Member

If France is having weather similar to here, it has been raining for much of the last week. However, two to three weeks ago, the sun was out in force and so were the beautiful woman in fairly skimpy clothing. During those sunny intervals, it is a real pleasure to visit the park next to the river in downtown Heidelberg (a university town).

stewart
06-21-2007, 01:15 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Speculation, speculation, I don't think Pentax even knows yet. But if they do use another sensor I would hope it's Fuji. As for the pretty women in skimpy cloths, Where are the pictures BEN. That would make this thread stand up and shout.
I have to take a wait and see attitude here and hope Pentax and Hoya get it together for a really good offering this fall.
06-21-2007, 04:10 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Info

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Ben, I know you want to impress us with all the inside info you have, but threads like this offer little benefit to us, feeding unsubstantiated rumors instead. Why don't you post something you can tell us about Pentax, such as what they're doing about the existing products (fixes, etc), upcoming firmware plans, new products, marketing tidbits, promotions, and other info we can use?

stewart
When I state something is speculation, I do so. When I share info with you, it is info I can share with you. What I did share was what I garnered from our meeting and was able to share with you. I am sworn to confidence and that is legally binding.

06-21-2007, 04:14 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pictures?

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Speculation, speculation, I don't think Pentax even knows yet. But if they do use another sensor I would hope it's Fuji. As for the pretty women in skimpy cloths, Where are the pictures BEN. That would make this thread stand up and shout.
I have to take a wait and see attitude here and hope Pentax and Hoya get it together for a really good offering this fall.
Hi David;

Am I missing something here? I don't understand "where are the pictures BEN"...
What are you referring to please?
06-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #24
Veteran Member

When I state something is speculation, I do so. When I share info with you, it is info I can share with you. What I did share was what I garnered from our meeting and was able to share with you. I am sworn to confidence and that is legally binding.
Read your first message in this thread again. You didn't share ANYTHING with us, leaving everything open to the rumor mill instead. What purpose did that serve other than feeding unsubstantiated rumors? I certainly understand confidentiality agreements, but there is an implied concept that goes along with that which says..."if you can't say what you really mean, then don't say anything at all."

stewart
06-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Am I missing something here? I don't understand "where are the pictures BEN"... What are you referring to please?
Read five or six messages back in this thread where "little laker" wrote... "Ben, you can't tell us about your lunch in France without showing us some pictures of all the beautiful women that walked past."

stewart
06-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Read your first message in this thread again. You didn't share ANYTHING with us,
Sure he did. There was a lot of earlier speculation about Pentax's plans based on assumptions about new Sony sensors. But he says (in an indirect but clear way) that Pentax is at the very least seriously considering other sensors.
06-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Merci...

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Sure he did. There was a lot of earlier speculation about Pentax's plans based on assumptions about new Sony sensors. But he says (in an indirect but clear way) that Pentax is at the very least seriously considering other sensors.
Thanks for the explanation...Exactly what I would have said...Ditto!

Ben
06-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I didn't see any earlier speculation about Pentax plans for new Sony sensors, or anything in his first message in this thread which suggests Pentax is seriously considering other sensors. He said "Who ever said that Pentax was bound to use the same sensor as Nikon or Sony. Ah...Life is full of surprises. Better later than not at all." All that is as negative as it is positive.

Regardless, what little he did say certainly fed the wild speculation, with one person mentioning a Samsung sensor, another a Fuji sensor, another a Kodak sensor, still another a Sony sensor, and so on. And all that speculation based directly on something said by someone associated with Pentax France.

Anyway, I didn't mean what I originally wrote to be a criticism of Ben. I was hoping for a more positive outcome instead. Since that is clearly not going to happen, I'll leave this with what I've already said.

stewart
06-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, Pentax will use what ever sensor they use. But how about some of those nice french women photos?
thanks
barondla
06-24-2007, 02:12 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A True French Woman

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Well, Pentax will use what ever sensor they use. But how about some of those nice french women photos?
thanks
barondla
Here is a Beautiful French Woman...Laeticia Casta! There you go

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.