Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
...the idea to try to find the most interesting perspective on the scene, which may or may not be achieved by getting closer.
This may be the intended meaning, provided that he is talking about the best shot regarding one particular subject. If the latter assumption is correct, even "best" (rather than "good" as I suggested) would be appropriate, unless you are already standing in the optimal position.

I interpreted it to mean that you don't have to travel to Africa or to Antarctica to get a great shot, but it may be just a few steps away from where you are. Probably a wrong interpretation but entirely within a reasonable range of interpretations for such an ambiguous statement.

Last edited by Class A; 01-17-2010 at 03:31 PM.
01-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That works too!
01-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I don't. I take "get closer" literally, but a "few steps away" might mean to step backward or to the side - the idea to try to find the most interesting perspective on the scene, which may or may not be achieved by getting closer.
Exactly. The point is that you may be looking down a narrow street and not like the lighting, but an alley around the corner may host the perfect subject. Use your eyes, but use your feet just as much.
01-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #49
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
"Never take a picture of a woman from behind."

(words of wisdom from my high school journalism teacher)