Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A second system for rental purposes?

Do you guys have a second system for rental purposes?

where i live, Canon and Nikon rentals are plenty as well as affordable.

For people who dont really use high performance lenses/equipment all that often, do you guys think of getting a canon or nikon body for rental purposes on the jobs that require more gear then you currently have.

opinions?

01-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Renting a system is neither a style or technique.
Please be careful where you post, thanks.
01-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Renting a system is neither a style or technique.
Please be careful where you post, thanks.
depends on the application i guess and its more on should users stick with pentax only or keep their options open to maximise their investments.

thanks for the heads up on where to post such threads.
01-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
Damn Brit

To be honest, I didn't know whether to put it here or in General Talk but it seemed aimed at Pentax users looking out as opposed to Non Pentax users looking in. It could even go in the Pro forum.

It would make my life a lot easier if everyone put their questionable or "I'm not sure, so I'll just put it anywhere" (which usually means General Photography) threads in Everything Else. I'd only have one place to look for misplaced threads then, but they don't and I don't.

01-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

As someone who bought their first DSLR (K10D) with Pentax, and has started to shoot some 'pro' stuff, I had to decide lately whether to invest in Pentax or move to Canon/Nikon.

I use Nikon gear (borrowed from employers, D2Xs etc) for my pro sports shooting.

After quite a lot of reading and thinking, I'm sticking with Pentax for my own gear. Although I lose the option of borrowing Canon/Nikon lenses etc, plus the much greater availability of those brands, Pentax won out for being up there in terms of specs with comparable DSLRs (7D, D300s) - Also Pentax is - and this includes lenses - smaller, cheaper overall, and has some other features like great sealing, quiet shutter on K-7, and in-body stabilisation. My main interests in photography are photojournalism and street photography. For street photography, I think the K-7 I'm getting soon will be great.