Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #31
rkt

the LX3 gets to travel when the DSLR setup seems a bit 'too much' ...

05-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
iPhone 3GS always.
05-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of my main reasons to stick with DA Ltd. lenses is so I can't tell myself, "Oh it's too big to take with me to XY place." Can't get pics if you don't have the camera If I'm going out all day, I have a padded insert that goes in whatever bag I'm carrying - backpack, shoulder messenger bag, whatever so I always have a way to carry it that doesn't require bringing extra gear.
05-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, pretty much everywhere I go my K-x comes with, especially now I have a DA 40mm. I've been really missing it while it has been at Pentax Australia the last week.

05-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
More or less, yes. That's why I love having primes as you can pick your POV for the day/week and go with it and see what it yields.

I've started biking to work a few times a week so that does make things a bit difficult as I'm less inclined to carry $1K in mechanical gear with me on the back of the bike...
Somehow, my bike manages to be worth more than my K-x cost, despite my status as an avowed cheapskate. I suppose it helps that the seller didn't know what they had, and neither did I at the time... sheer luck...
05-26-2010, 02:00 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I used to carry my dSLR previously.
Nowadays only the trusty ol' compact but not all of the time. Sometimes I find something to shoot and somedays nothing to shoot about.
05-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #37
Veteran Member

I make my girlfriend ride in the back seat of the car, because the K7 prefer's to ride up front.

06-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #38
Veteran Member

My over-the-shoulder Ameribag usually contains the K20D, 4-6 lenses, two digital and one 135 P&S, maybe a 6x6 folder, as well as bags of batteries and filters, all the usual tools, meds, kite, etc. And another P&S in my pocket. And a foto-fone. If not carrying a camera, how can one call themself a photographer?
06-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Quick answer.... no
longer answer, If my wife has the night off, I will take my Leica M5 with one lens and, when I am off work, I go to a park or some other "Publicly Owned" place... This month I am taking the 90mm Summicron and Slide Film on her nights off.

I don't shoot with my K20d as much (It's becoming a more specialized camera, when I want images NOW!), since I got the M5 in March, I am shooting film more. But, I am still acquiring lenses for the K20d.. Crazy Huh

But, a small Camera like the Pany G1 with a 20 may be in my wish list, although I prefer a 15mm prime for a m4/3 format.

Last edited by arbib; 06-02-2010 at 05:03 PM.
06-09-2010, 05:06 AM   #40
Veteran Member

My camera sits about a foot away from me in my truck and gets used all day long.

A camera not within arm's reach and powered up is not a camera....or may as well not be.
06-09-2010, 05:42 AM   #41
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
My over-the-shoulder Ameribag usually contains the K20D, 4-6 lenses, two digital and one 135 P&S, maybe a 6x6 folder, as well as bags of batteries and filters, all the usual tools, meds, kite, etc. And another P&S in my pocket. And a foto-fone. If not carrying a camera, how can one call themself a photographer?
You sound pretty well equipped. Please don't tell me you leave home without a Swiss Army Knife or, at the very least, the cheaper equivalent.

If i'm venturing away from my humble abode more than a kilometre, then I try to bring my camera along with me. Although, i'm starting to think about purchasing a Canon S90 for a pocket sized 'tag along everywhere' camera.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
My camera sits about a foot away from me in my truck
Driving an articulated/semi-trailer truck is useful in that you do not have to exit the vehicle too often and you can be sitting for long amounts of time waiting in line to be loaded/unloaded. I brought my cam along on a fair few jobs and it was really more of burden than anything, as I was driving a truck around the city, doing multiple drops, and having to make sure the door was locked every time I got out of the damn thing. Which, was way too often for my liking. 35 drops a day is too much to be worrying about my pride and joy sitting in the cab.
06-09-2010, 06:26 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Hi, at home it is always close by ready to use. Outdoors: have to plan it. Rarely on family outings, as my husband and sons hate the combination me and cam. But when outdoors, it really gets used, don't mind the circumstances, my k20d takes it all and takes it for me ... as my subjects are not always of interest to every one.
06-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
My over-the-shoulder Ameribag usually contains the K20D, 4-6 lenses, two digital and one 135 P&S, maybe a 6x6 folder, as well as bags of batteries and filters, all the usual tools, meds, kite, etc. And another P&S in my pocket. And a foto-fone.
You sound pretty well equipped. Please don't tell me you leave home without a Swiss Army Knife or, at the very least, the cheaper equivalent.
Umm, let's see, there's the mini-SAK on my key ring, the camo SAK (and another folding knife including fork and spoon) in my bag, and the Leatherman on my belt. Also in my bag, a couple each of timepieces, calculators, other gear. I guess I'm in the Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

If not carrying a camera, how can one call themself a photographer?
Actually, that's not quite true. Some 'photographers' never touch a camera, they just set up shots, or xerox collages, or otherwise cause the taking-making-faking of images. But I'm more of a hands-on kind of guy. Except when my gear shoots randomly, automatically, accidentally, etc. Think of speed-trap photography, eh?
06-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #44

hi guys, its my first post..
i carry my camera everyday, whenever i go.. i even sleep with it beside me..
06-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grabejud Quote
hi guys, its my first post..
Welcome to the funny farm!

QuoteQuote:
i carry my camera everyday, whenever i go.. i even sleep with it beside me..
Well, that way you won't miss any action shots.

I usually keep a couple cameras on my headboard (at home), next to bed (when traveling) or sleeping bag (when camping), for security of course. The cameras' security, not mine. When I traveled backcountry in a little class-C, RV I slept in the cabover, my head next to a little window whose screen I carefully removed. Then I would mount a clip tripod on the frame, attach a camera, and shoot into the night.