02-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Do you carry around your camera.....

all the time?

02-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

No. I leave it on the desk when I go to take a shower.

But really, not all the time. There are situations where it's just not practical to bring with me (my location on a given day usually ranges over an area of 4 miles or so and most of my movement within that area occurs by running. The K-x is nice and light but I wouldn't mind a little E-PL1 in my jacket pocket instead of wearing around a camelbak with my SLR in it).
02-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I've had a GF1 for a couple weeks now, and love it. You can't beat your jacket pocket, so my answer is now decidedly in the yes column.
02-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sometime early last year I decided to take my camera with me as much as possible. The reasoning being no camera = no photo. Having one with me also helps me practice things or try a different lens combo. I'm continuing that this year too. It has provided me with a number of shooting opportunities that I wouldn't have had.

But I'd agree with er1kksen that I leave it on the desk when I take a shower or am sleeping. ;-)

02-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I primarily use a K20D, and keep it in a bag with all my lenses/equipment. I found it cumbersome to keep with me often, so more than not, left it at home and found I would come upon a photo opportunity and miss it. So I picked up a K10D body, and a Sigma 18-200 lens, and now that (and one extra battery) stay with me when I don't bring along the K20D and larger kit. Seems to work well for me now.
02-04-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote

But I'd agree with er1kksen that I leave it on the desk when I take a shower or am sleeping. ;-)
You don't sleep with your camera?!?

...they get lonely.

/
02-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
LOL...

I was thinking about taking it with me whenever I leave the house but I get worried if I have to leave it the car for some reason plus carrying around gets kinda heavy.

02-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I try to bring mine with me but not to work, and not always if the weather is bad (too worried of baking it in the car). Curiously, most opportunities for using it come up when it's not with me...
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not all the time but I have it and a variety of lenses with me in the car a lot of the time and many's the time I've been glad about that.
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
You don't sleep with your camera?!?

...they get lonely.

/
They get lonely... and jealous of my silly little camera phone. But seriously, I think I'm gonna start carrying it around all the time with just my fast fifty. Interesting topic. Time to spend more time with my camera.
02-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This one was made at a toilet. What do you mean by "all the time"?

02-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
I primarily use a K20D, and keep it in a bag with all my lenses/equipment. I found it cumbersome to keep with me often, so more than not, left it at home and found I would come upon a photo opportunity and miss it. So I picked up a K10D body, and a Sigma 18-200 lens, and now that (and one extra battery) stay with me when I don't bring along the K20D and larger kit. Seems to work well for me now.
Amazing, same thing happened to me. It's amazing how by the time you get back from a 5 k snow shoe, that bag is so heavy. I take the k100D, a sigma 70-300 zoom and the pentax 18-55 zoom that came with the camera. The K20-D sits home in the camera bag. I have an old long nose case I take the K100 in and I snap a point and shoot camera case onto the strap to hold the smaller lens. I miss the resolution of the K20 but, there are a lot of days I just wouldn't take it. Other days I get real lazy and just take my Optio WR10. A truely thought free piece of kit. Waterproof, no need to worry about weather, small, fits in your pocket. Many of my best images were taken with it.
02-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I carry my camera quite a bit, but not all of the time. Sometimes I find something to shoot...sometimes I don't. I started carrying it years ago following a program at our camera club when someone asked the guest speaker, "What is the best way to find good pictures?" The speaker answered, "Leave your camera at home. Suddenly, you'll see great pics everywhere."
02-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
Inactive Account

How true! At least one of my cameras stays close at hand all the time. Except when in the shower.
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Maybe I should save up to get a K-7 and a DA* lens. Then I wouldn't have to leave the camera behind when I shower.