Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2010, 02:29 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
To Dan - how many keepers would you typically get? And where do you stand, or wander? Under 8 would be great, I'm sure they don't move as fast as the grown-ups!
About 65-75%, but I sometimes keep a boring shot because it has a shot of a particular child in it - I try and shot all players in both teams - it can be hard when a player doesn't do much.

U7 & U8 is great because: 1/2 length field and they tend to stay together so you get a lot of groups shots. DOF can be a problem with a deep group. I stay mid-field. When they eventually graduate to full-sized fields I may have to move to quarter-field and concentrate on one end.

Some shots in my gallery. Here's all the matches. We start the session's 17 U8 matches tomorrow.

I had a look at your stuff. NZ is much more lush than here in Brisbane. We just got over a long drought. This shot of yours is what I look for: drama & action. The players are much more athletic bunch than my bunch, but my boy's are much cuter. In fact your bunch look like a bunch of wild men!

Last edited by dosdan; 04-09-2010 at 03:20 AM.
04-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Yeah, we may have lush, but you have "bright", you can use f5.6! You've got lots of goodies there.
Yeah so far I've stuck to one half, and stay there for both game halves, so I can try and get all players' positions.

I did some junior rugby once and found that a bit easier too.

It would be nice to camp down one end and get all the great goal/try shots, but I try to get shots of most players at least, so quite often am not in the right position to get those scoring shots. The journos can do that as they only need one shot for the paper.

I agree, yours are definitely cuter!
04-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I do know our bunch look like they're having fun:

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 04-09-2010 at 03:17 AM.
04-09-2010, 03:28 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Can't argue with that!

04-09-2010, 03:50 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Arpe, I do appreciate your Gallery, but maybe you need to stop shooting rugby players. They look so mean, ugly and generally nasty, or is that just because they're NZ rugby players? Perhaps you should suggest they take out the mouth-guards and smile for the camera?

Dan
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I wouldn't dare suggest anything to them!
Nah, they're all good guys. I don't have young kids so wandering down and taking pics of them may be a bit suss! Plus of course, the beer in the clubrooms is cheap too!