Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2007, 04:21 AM   #1
Inactive Account

No Pentax availability DRIVING ME MAD

I can't seem to find any shops with any pentax stuff in the UK. Even if it's listed on their site it's not in stock. Warehousexpress.com told me the AF 540 flash is discontinued and they didn't have the Sigma 18-50 EX Macro. Neither does cameraworld and they haven't had any pentax/pentax fit lens in ages and seem to have cleared their window displays for Pentax stuff.

I really wanted those things for a wedding tomorrow and a gig tonight as my Sigma 18-50 non-macro is fautly and Cameraworld are giving me my money back.

btw I took my camera to Glastonbury festival... with manual lenses... pointless hahaha

:-(

Last edited by Christian; 06-29-2007 at 05:44 AM.
06-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

What's going on with Pentax in the UK? You're the third or fourth person I've heard recently with similar reports of mainstream Pentax gear being out of stock in this or that store.

This doesn't seem to be happening elsewhere. Local stores here appear to have the usual stock. The local Media Markt has two AF-540 flash units on the shelf, and one on display - sitting atop a small plastic stand with Canon printed on the front. And I've noticed several mail order stores in the USA seem to have received new stock shipments last week.

stewart
07-01-2007, 12:26 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Christian

Morning Christian,

They --warehouse expresss -- appear to have a full load according to this link to their Pentax section:

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/?/photo/lenses/Pentax.html

Another decent shop (and never heard anything bad about them) is Ffordes...granted
they are located in Scotland and here is a link to them:
https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

And, of course, you could always contact Pentax UK to see if they can tell you where
to best gear

http://www.pentax.co.uk/_uk/company/contact.php?company&contact

Hopefully some of might help and good luck in grabbing up some gear

Cheers,

Jack
07-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks for your replies.

I know the UK websites show availabitlity of various pentax/pentax fit items but if you phone them up they'll tell you differently. They'll just take your money and try and order one in, which can take ages.

I've actually never even seen an AF540 in the flesh and I live in central London where we have plenty of camera shops. I saw a set of pancakes once in Cameraworld but now they have nothing and surprisingly have adopted the commonly found "errm Pentax? errm no we don't really have anything pentax"... they're going through a phase of pushing Olympus now the new cameras are out. . K100/110s are fairly common place but you'll be hard pushed to find a k10d or any other lenses in Jessops for eg, which is our most popular photography shop.

07-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote

btw I took my camera to Glastonbury festival... with manual lenses... pointless hahaha

:-(
why? what was the problem?
07-02-2007, 02:52 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Errm, it's difficult to focus properly when you're enjoying the full Glastonbury experience.
07-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #7

Try Devon Camera Centre - photo optical digital video | Devon Camera Centre they do seem to have some Pentax gear in stock, I recently got a Pentax mount Sigma 17-70mm from them, which can be hard to find in stock, I spoke to Simon who was very helpful - Good Luck!
07-06-2007, 04:56 AM   #8
axl
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote
I can't seem to find any shops with any pentax stuff in the UK.(
I live in London too, and I kind of know what you're talking about, but...
try Jacobs in New Oxford Street, sometimes they happen to have some stuff or there is couple of small retailers in Tottenham court rd., notably Kingston cameras - they don't advertise selling pentax stuff on their web page - (I'm not sure about the name but it's right next to Lloyds tsb in street) and there is one more shop up north in the same street, just opposite PC world...
try those, you may be lucky....

07-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skaktuss Quote
why? what was the problem?
I bet booze and manual focusing don't work together quite well .
07-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Deni Quote
I bet booze and manual focusing don't work together quite well .
Somehow I don't think that it's just alcohol that accounts for all that perambulatory instability, fuzzy vision and inflamed red eyes.