Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
RAW and JPEG Shooting - Filenames change?

Hey guys,

Something I recently noticed a few nights ago with my K100D.

I shot in RAW and the filenames came out IMGPxxxx.PEF Using the same card, I change to JPEG and the filenames changed to _IGPxxxx.JPG. I switched cards and the same thing happens.

I then formatted the cards and start shooting - the JPEGs start coming out IMGPxxxx.JPG (?!) I took a look through some of my Disney shots from May and noticed that the same thing happened. Guess I never really took notice until now because I have my files sorted by date but this could have been annoying if I had the files sorted by name.

Anyone notice this?

07-04-2007, 06:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The _IGP**** filename pattern denotes pictures taken in the AdobeRGB color space (vs. IMGP**** for sRGB).
07-04-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OIC! Guess I missed that detail in the manual - thanks!