Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Westcott Apollo JS Softbox 50" question

Ive just bought one of the 50" Recessed Front FJ Westcott JS Apollo softboxes. I have mounted it on my lightstand with a Manfrotto 026 Swivel Umbrella Adapter.

I am only able to tilt horizontal/up because if I attempt to tilt down the lightstand entering through the back gets in the way.

Is there any way to get this lightbox to point down?
Even with the umbrella shaft pushed the whole way in the softbox only achieves a very small downwards tilt.

I have posed this question to the manufacture but I thought someone here may have experience with them.

02-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi

Hi:

I have the 28 inch Apollo version.

Is this what you are looking for?

Apollo Mono Mounting Arm | Westcott Pro Photography and Video Lighting

Here is the Adorama link--where I bought mine:

apollo mounting arm

The Adorama link indicates it is for the 28, but the Westcott link seems to say it is for both.

I like the Apollo 28, but the mounting arm actually is a bit of a pain to use. I find I just deal with the limitations that exists without the mounting arm. It is inexpensive, though, so it may be worth a try. It comes with no instructions.

Here is a DIY link:

28" Westcott Apollo with DIY Mounting Arm on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

There is another link somewhere on my computer that shows how to use the Westcott mounting arm with some useful photos--I will look for it.

Hope the above helps.

Gregg