Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Pentax service and repair

My Pentax K10 D was in bad need of sensor and finder screen service. All the photos had multiple spots and the finder screen was simply just to irritating to look through.
I contacted Pentax directly and they told me it would take a minimum of 15 working days. I called several other authorized repair facilities and settled on Precision Camera. My camera was gone for only eight days that included a weekend, 4th of July and 2 days each way in a UPS truck. Not only was the work done but the camera was thoroughly inspected and I was informed that it was covered under the manufacturers warranty. I will not hesitate to use them again.

Now if I can only keep the dirt out and the sensor clean.

I seem to remember from my early days shooting film that an item called a changing bag was available. I think it was mainly for light tight changing of film. Might this work for changing lenses in the field?

09-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #2

Great to hear about your service. Here in Australia we have to deal with C.R. Kennedy and they are the worst for customer service. They are non responsive and very polite (yes they very politely stuff you around).
09-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #3

I had a problem while in Thailand - I had damaged my K10 and looked through the Pentax site to find the service centre in Bangkok. After finding it, i contacted them and was told to come in with the camera. On arriving i was taken upstairs to where the service techs were working on cameras - i handed my camera to the tech and he showed it to his collegues. they commented on the camera saying "i am sorry sir this camera is not available in Thailand - i was shocked and could not belive it. i questioned them again and he reaffirmed his prior comments - so i left and continued my holidays with a broken camera. Three days later i was at Pantip plaza in bangkok and no less than three stores had the K10 - i was really annoyed. I have since had my camera fixed but am writing in the hope that no other Pentax K10 customers will have the same problem in the future. If you damage your camera in Thailand beware the techs dont know that the K10 is available there.