Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't find these prices astonishingly cheap, give that the next generation K100D super is on its way onto the shelves. So the "old" K100D is a close-out product.
regards
Ben

07-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #17
Banned

Speaking of which, it upsets me that the k100d is already old technology.

i just got one like 2 weeks ago.

:[
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by asloman Quote
I have had a number of dealings with Beach Camera, and have no complaints.
Got my K100D body and 10-17 fisheye there just fine.
07-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kingsofronin Quote

It's not an old technology. It's just an old model. It's been out now for, what? about 18 months? That's a pretty good shelf life for a digital camera these days. But for you, it's brand new, and it should serve you well for years if you want to keep it.

Will

07-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
It's not an old technology. It's just an old model. It's been out now for, what? about 18 months? That's a pretty good shelf life for a digital camera these days. But for you, it's brand new, and it should serve you well for years if you want to keep it.

Will
I totally agree with Will. It doesn't matter how long this camera has been out and what new ones come down the pike later, what you have is one of the best products made and will service you for a very long time.
07-12-2007, 04:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I made k100d my work camera to take shots that most people would have used with their mobile phones in the daily lives.

It is still a good camera with Fa 43 ltd on it. Really nice
07-12-2007, 04:56 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:[
Never mind, all of these K100D super users will be just as upset when the K100D super plus comes out etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Just enjoy your camera, it is no worse than 3 weeks ago when you decided to buy it on its merits.

07-12-2007, 06:01 AM   #23
Banned

but i cant use the new DA* lenses on it.

thats what really upsets me.

but i'll probably have a k10d by the end of the year,
unless I find out somethings going to replace it...
07-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #24
Inactive Account

Pentax made the DA* SDM lenses backwards compatible with the old bodies with only in-body-focusing-motors, so the new lenses would still autofocus, they just won't make use of the new in-lens-motor.

Gotta love Pentax for this decision!

07-12-2007, 06:30 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, let me get this straight: you just bought a camera 2 weeks ago that cost you 3, 4, 500 dollars whatever. You feel cheated because a camera that is not released yet has a few added frills and yet another camera takes new lenses that are either outrageously expensive or not yet available but either way would not fit that new to-be-released camera either?

Boy oh boy! Do you need help!

Then again:
You are probably not married, because any wife would probably have you clean the kitchen floor for 2 months running before allowing you to do such a thing.
You do not have kids because you would be spending all of your money on yet another Playstation, bicycle and summercamp.
You do not live in a house but in a log cabin. This smart deduction comes from you being able to sink all of your mortgage payments in buying new cameras every 4-6 weeks.
You have no pets, apart from the mice in your logcabin. My old English Sheepdog eats the equivalent of two 77mm circular polarizers every month.

I envy you sir!
07-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Matthew, I've never been in the store but I have been past it on Rt 22 in NJ and it's not terriblely small or rundown. Looks like a pretty nice place, not as nice as B&H, but nicer looking than Adorama (which is run down but the people there are much more friendly than at B&H). I've also dealt with them (Beach Camera that is) via the net and have had no problems.

NaCl(don't let the outsides fool you)H2O
I can't speak for their Internet storefront, but for a long time their B&M storefront on 22 was a notorious shady bait-and-switch shop. My family knows many people who were screwed by Beach. (I'm originally from Bridgewater, about 20-30 minutes away)

Admittedly this was a decade or so ago - they may have shaped up since then.
07-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Entropy Quote
I can't speak for their Internet storefront, but for a long time their B&M storefront on 22 was a notorious shady bait-and-switch shop. My family knows many people who were screwed by Beach. (I'm originally from Bridgewater, about 20-30 minutes away)

Admittedly this was a decade or so ago - they may have shaped up since then.
Like I said I've never been inside, but from the outside it looks OK, not huge like B&H but not a little run down place like Adorama either. BTW, while not as nice looking as B&H, the Adorama shop has friendlier people, who go out of their way (usually) to help you out.

NaCl(and Adorama is easier for me to get to)H2O
07-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

You can use the new DA* lenses on your K100D. I can even use them on my DS, and if anybody owns the original ist * D, you can use them on that camera too. They will be completely functional with auto everything, it's just the you won't get the super fast in-lens focusing motor, but the lens still has the link to use the in-camera focusing motor.

NaCl(where people get their info from is beyond me)H2O
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #29
Banned

Im not married...no pet...live in an apartment...im 19...haha.

I get to spend all of my earnings on rent, food, gas, and photo stuff.

:]
07-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
So, let me get this straight: you just bought a camera 2 weeks ago that cost you 3, 4, 500 dollars whatever. You feel cheated because a camera that is not released yet has a few added frills and yet another camera takes new lenses that are either outrageously expensive or not yet available but either way would not fit that new to-be-released camera either?
Better background...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/9335-lba-now-i-know.html