Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Some very good comments from thoughtfull people, some of which intuitively may answer the unwritten question about point-and-shoot alternatives.

Personally, I always enjoyed recording travels and family events through the medium of film and then later point-and-shoot camera's. I always considered that I didn't have time to bother with photography any deeper than that.

Now I have retired and the first thing that I did prior to retirement was to buy myself a good DSLR (Nikon D80) and I have devoted many happy hours to learning about photography including using the camera properly and post-processing. I have rediscovered a love of nature and every aspect of photography that you will be familiar with.

I recently discovered the excellent quality and pricing of some of the old Pentax (and other)manual focus lenses and this caused me to invest in the K10D which I am learning to enjoy and love more than the Nikon. The creative aspect of actually taking the shot is very important to me.

My enjoyment of this hobby icreases with time and I look forward to finding out what other people consider to be the rewards and reasons for using their camera equipment and the reasons why they spent their money and time doing it.

04-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Not only does photography let me show my artistic side, but I also like it when people look at my images and smile.
04-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #18

I want to record memories while I am hiking in the wilderness: The beaty of the nature, camp fire, the friends your are hiking with etc. This was my reason to start taking photos and I still enjoy while I am doing it.

Small, weather sealed Pentax is perfect camera for my needs
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photography is a way for me to record my life, I enjoy that aspect of it. Also theres just something about going out setting up the tripod and shooting pictures of a flower for hours, going back and processing them seeing that I only got one keeper out of hundreds of photos.

It's always a challenge and I'm always learning and expanding my experiences. Theres always something to learn and that builds my passion for it.