Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: which do you fall under?
I barely know where the shutter buttons are 54.17%
amature 3327.50%
advanced amature 6050.00%
semi pro 1815.00%
full blown pro 43.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jeff Jeff Jeff - it's another joke! amateur bleneded with immature. I read it and really didn't think it was aimed at you.

07-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No worries Jeff I am sure it was a play on words / spelling - (looks at me type and spell haha)

Me a rank Amateur when it comes to SLR - PS for a couple of years - full blow Amature attitude wise at times even though I am closer to 50 than 40 but that is one of the perks of age

I am looking to move up in the ranks (just with SLR the heck with attitude!) - Like most things all it takes is practice, practice, practice which I have not been doing lately.

Dave
07-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I am a total n00b when it comes to photography.

As someone mentioned ... don't know a bus stop from an f-stop.
07-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ahhhhh..... lemme see here...

I consider myself an advanced amateur, but I've been paid for multiple images...??

Actually my first paid shoot will be in 3 weeks - I'm handling the reception party/dinner shoot after a wedding. It's primarily candid images. I was approached about it, and gave my fees, what's included etc. They said yes... I think it's time to do more images of people. That doesn't include the commercial shoot (marketing literature images) I am going to be doing for a Fortune 1000 company either...

According to taxation laws, I am not sure. I am somewhere in there... it's the nether land of beyond "hobbyist" and approaching "semi-pro", since it's not my primary source of income.

Disclaimer: I've seen the works of some "pros" (not anyone here - I am talking local to my area) and I hang my head in disbelief - I wouldn't post such an image (usually OOF) if my life depended on it.

Cheers,
Marc

07-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

i put semi pro because even though im not close to mastery, i quit all of my other work to be a 'working photographer' which is the title i have chosen before i take 'professional photographer'

cheers
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #21
Ed in GA

Uh....... Shutter Buttons???? Oh........ Is that what that shiny little thingy is called?

Definitely an Amateur....