Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #1

Misc. questions + need infos from members from Holland

Hi everybody, I was thinking to put this on DPreview's forum, but I really like the functionality of this one. ) I'm not really active here but I pass buy from time to time.

I put this thread here, in Everything Else, because there is various questions in here.

The main reason I'm opening this thread is that I'm thinking of buying an dSLR. At first (more than half a year ago) I wanted to buy a Nikon D50.. Mainly because of the possibility of using older Nikon lenses. But after further research I found out that (at that time at least) Pentax had a very good, or even perfect model for me. it was the K100D. I really have a tight budget, and for now a K10D is out of question.
At first I wanted to by a K100D + Kit lens + Sigma 70-300 apo but then I dropped the idea of buying that Sigma lens and opted for a Soligor P-TTL flash instead.

The main reason I will need some opinion from people from Holland (Netherlands) is that I'm going to The Hague (Haag) this weekend, and I will stay there for about two weeks. I might buy this time the K100D + kit etc, but I also might wait for the new K100D Super. I know that the changes are small, but if I waited for it over a half a year, and a couple of months more will be OK. Until the buying it I'm still using film (M42 screw mount Praktica + few nice lenses ) and really enjoying it:

Now I have a few (maybe odd) questions, some of them are related to a geographical area (Holland):

1. First of all I need an information of a reliable Pentax photo gear shop in the area of the city of Hague (Rotherdam is quite ok, even Amsterdam).

2. Is the price tag of 499e on this dutch site (Henk Booms Foto en Electronicum) quite the real picture of the price ??

3. When is the K100d expected in (western) Europe (especially in Holland, Belgium etc.)

4. Similar to the first question but about the Soligor DG-420 Z flash. Where to buy it for a good price in Holland.

5. What are feedbacks about using that Soligor P-TTL flash with Pentax (K100D for example)

6. This question is not about digital photography. I'm also interested in good places where I can find some film stuff (m42 etc) and second hand gear (you guess) in Holland (The Hague area etc)

7. Another film photography question. I'm kinda lost with all the Spotmatic models, I'm thinking of buying one but can't really choose. I need a lightmeter (no metter what type, but TTL would be nice) and at least 1/1000s speed. Witch model(s) should I look for ?

Every help will be very valuable for me, thanks in advance.

Greetings from Serbia (very the Pentax comunity is growing )

07-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #2

Original Poster
Really nobody has an answer for any of these questions ??
07-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

A few questions? Going through your message, I see you want a directory of photo stores in the Hague, local price quotes for a camera, info when a particular camera might appear, where to buy a particular flash, info about using a certain flash with a certain camera, country-wide info on second-hand gear, and recommendations for various other cameras. Gee, I'll be back when I have time to write a book or two.

Seriously, I suspect the reason you're getting no response is because you're asking too much. It would take hours to research some of your questions and write anything more than a superficial response to each. Perhaps you should simplify all those questions down to just the things you truly need to know.

stewart
07-23-2007, 04:29 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
A few questions? Going through your message, I see you want a directory of photo stores in the Hague, local price quotes for a camera, info when a particular camera might appear, where to buy a particular flash, info about using a certain flash with a certain camera, country-wide info on second-hand gear, and recommendations for various other cameras. Gee, I'll be back when I have time to write a book or two.

Seriously, I suspect the reason you're getting no response is because you're asking too much. It would take hours to research some of your questions and write anything more than a superficial response to each. Perhaps you should simplify all those questions down to just the things you truly need to know.

stewart
I see wht you mean.. But you are not quite right.. I asked for one or two reliable store.. You know that the Hague is not a huge city..
About the flash I asked for feedback etc.

I never asked some long answer.. Answer like "it's working OK" or "This Spotmatic is nice" would be Ok too..

Anyway, thanks for replying..