Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Goodbye Photography. Hello Photomanipulation

Have anybody seen Adobe CS5 yet? That is so ridiculous.

04-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
im clueless, what is so ridiculous?
04-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I guess it depends on where you draw the line. People wear make up or having surgery to look better too. Besides, photography is never about the truth, it is only a snap shot through a very narrow window. I don't mind to be ridiculous btw.
04-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #4

Yeah! It's all crazy. i just got the CS4 suite 2 months ago and am now outdated.

It's all in the eye of the beholder IMHO.

04-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
CS6 will be able to take severely overexposed and underexposed photos and automatically make them properly exposed and noise free with a click of a button. Then we'll have more 14 year old's running around with D40's and making their P&S shots look "good" with crappy PP in Photoshop... Or wait...
04-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree, cs5 really in rediculous! After watching some of the videos I didn't think I was going to need a camera anymore. All you have to do is tell it the kind of photo you want and click enter and there it is.
04-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
Pentaxian

But I want CS5 bad. They have already hooked me with the free Lightroom 3 Beta, so I'll HAVE to buy that...

04-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What are you talking about exactly? This version doesn't do anything previous versions couldn't do, though sometimes with more work. I'm afraid it's long past time to get used to the fact that digital images can be manipulated.
04-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
What are you talking about exactly? This version doesn't do anything previous versions couldn't do, though sometimes with more work. I'm afraid it's long past time to get used to the fact that digital images can be manipulated.
I believe it does.

04-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
what's new in Photoshop | Adobe Photoshop CS5

how many times has the clone stamp failed you before you got it right? no need any more with auto fill!

what about selections and difficult cutouts....no need to trace that any more

photoshop use to take talent and knowledge. not anymore.
04-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

You know how some people, despite the march of technology, are still using film cameras? Well just because CS5 is released doesn't mean that you have to buy it. You can still use Photoshop 7. On WindowsNT. With 768Mb RAM. And Zip drives. It's entirely your choice. Nobody's pointing an airbrush or magic wand at your head after all.
04-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I think that a lot of the bitchin comes from the fact that many of the basics that we have worked so hard to master are no longer relevant.
I work with a guy who is very good at photomanipulation but passes that off as being a very good photographer which really isn't the case when looking at his images pre intensive PP.
To me, these are two distinct skill sets......digital manipulation and photography......well one skill set now

BTW, I will still buy it but it will be my first pp program besides Picasa....looking forward to it
Going pro baby!!
04-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
Veteran Member

CS5 looks good to me. Some of the new tools will decrease my processing time which equals more $s per hour. Often there are things in the way of a great shot that can't be removed physically. The ability to remove them in post processing is very handy. If you like the tools, use them. If not, don't. These types of 'rants' remind me of the guy who practiced for years to draw a perfect circle when all he had to do was use a compass. I don't mean to downplay good photographic technique. The closer you can get to the perfect one shot image, the better.

Last edited by ivoire; 04-14-2010 at 06:45 PM.
04-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by basso4735 Quote
I believe it does.
I am aware of Content-Aware Fill, but that is exactly one of the things you could do before, but which would take more time. This is evolution, not revolution. Certainly it's no reason to reassess what it means to do photo manipulation.
04-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
And Zip drives.
<shudder>

Please don't mention Zip drives!