Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Andy Roony Discusses The Millionth Post

Ya know…I’ve found the Pentax Forums to be pretty silly lately.
You see, they started this goofy little contest, something where you can win a camera by posting as many comments as you can.
Well of course it’s probably a very nice camera, but for members of the forum it’s become pretty frustrating.
I kind of liken the contest to America. In America they opened up their doors to everyone and provided great benefits.
Before long, They started to experience illegal immigrants also intent on getting access to their spoils.
This is just what is happening in the Pentax Forums. Many new “illegal immigrants” have arrived and are spoiling it for the “natives”.
I say, stop it. This really must end. It’s making many of our Pentaxians very angry.
These illegal immigrants are posting silly and unimportant comments to photographs and other topics.
For me, I think I’ll just sit this one out. Stay on the sidelines until all the dust settles.
Besides, no good will come from this. I’ll never win the camera.

I'm Andy Rooney
And This Is 60 Minutes
tick...tick...tick...tick....

04-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tick...tick...tick...tick
Andy you are so out of touch. Posting all this balderdash is so much fun. I only have to do it another 10,000 times to win. Actually 9,999 after this post. I figure at about 2 minutes per post it will take 333, hours to get those 10,000 posts up. So with the camera being worth around $600 (shipping and any taxes), I'm earning about $1.80 an hour. That is if I win one.

Humm better give up right now....
04-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Andy rormeister Rooney,

Wonderful Words of Wisdom.

I resolve, forthwith, to cease going for quantity and try to improve my quality.

Now everyone else has a better chance to win.

I am humbled by your words as always.

Mickey
04-23-2010, 02:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, "to each its own"!

Everybody has his own views on the contest. Andy Rooney (rormeister) may not like it. Others may beg to differ.
For me, just go ahead and enjoy the forum. It is an informative forum and the interaction and discussions among the members is what makes this forum interesting. Yes, I also knew that I may not win the prize, but that does not stop me from posting my comments or feedback on several topics that I am interested in.

Anyway, Good luck to the members still in the running for the contest. And to the rest of the members in the forum, Have Fun and Have a Nice Weekend!

Cheers.