Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Does your OCD affect your photography?

Ok, well I guess this question might be a little bit...narrow in terms of the audience which it might attract, but this is a big problem for me. Some of you might have noticed how I always tend to end my posts on PentaxForums with the words though, it, too, or some other verb like those ones (see, like that).

It unfortunately isn't limited to my typing, however, it's part of my entire life, but I've noticed that it's also a huge part of my photography. Sometimes I'll take a photo ten times when one would have been enough because I have the compulsion to do so, or I'll sell a camera or lens because I think that my OCD is going to make bad things happen to me if I don't (actually had that happen when I had my last Pentax camera, and my Canon 20D as well.) but overall it just really limits my photography and makes me sometimes just not want to do it.

Does anyone else have this kind of problem?

04-20-2010, 05:42 AM   #2

OCD comes out in different ways with me. My kids actually have it worse than I do.......but it depends on who you ask. Photography is a hobby so I try to not let my freakazoid nature get in the way of that pleasure.........well I try.
04-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine definitely comes out as I tend to find a new activity and immerse myself in it until I start to realize acceptable results such as skiing, Mt biking, etc.

The great thing about photography is I will never really master it.

My other obsession is with "shiny things" and photography certainly supports that addiction!!....LBA
04-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Ok, well I guess this question might be a little bit...narrow in terms of the audience which it might attract, but this is a big problem for me. Some of you might have noticed how I always tend to end my posts on PentaxForums with the words though, it, too, or some other verb like those ones (see, like that).
Those words aren't verbs.

04-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Sometimes I'll take a photo ten times when one would have been enough because I have the compulsion to do so, or I'll sell a camera or lens because I think that my OCD is going to make bad things happen to me if I don't (actually had that happen when I had my last Pentax camera, and my Canon 20D as well.) but overall it just really limits my photography and makes me sometimes just not want to do it.

Does anyone else have this kind of problem?
Yeah, I do this, too. It's never discouraged me from taking pictures, though.