Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #1

Pentax Manual / Magic Lantern / K10d book?

Which one do you prefer and why?

If you have used the Magic Lantern or the K10D books, could you share your opinions please?

I have a K100D and am working my way through the manual (which I do find helpful) however, I have not seen these other two books (i.e. the Magic Lantern or the K10D book). I know the K100d book has not yet been released , but am trying to assess it based on the k10d book.

Thanks
VAV

07-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
VAV - I purchased the Magic Lantern K10d book when it first came out. I found it to be very helpful for me in explaining many of the camera features that I was unsure about just using the user manual. I also saw the book for the K100 in the barnes and noble store. It's hard to say if you would benefit from the book as much as I did but it sure helped this old guy break into the digital age. The explanations and examples have been very helpful.
07-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have the Magic Lantern series for the K100D. It is step above the manual in that the English is a bit better, it expands some of the cryptic manual/camera menu verbage, and has some basic reference info, such as lens series differences.

Unfortunately, all photos are black-and-white - including those illustrating color balance :-) and the wallet size "quick reference" cards are useless.
07-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
VAV

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by squarerigger Quote
VAV - I purchased the Magic Lantern K10d book when it first came out. I found it to be very helpful for me in explaining many of the camera features that I was unsure about just using the user manual. I also saw the book for the K100 in the barnes and noble store. It's hard to say if you would benefit from the book as much as I did but it sure helped this old guy break into the digital age. The explanations and examples have been very helpful.

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I have the Magic Lantern series for the K100D. It is step above the manual in that the English is a bit better, it expands some of the cryptic manual/camera menu verbage, and has some basic reference info, such as lens series differences.

Unfortunately, all photos are black-and-white - including those illustrating color balance :-) and the wallet size "quick reference" cards are useless.
Thanks Squarerigger and SpecialK - I intend to get either the Magic Lantern or the K100d book ... trying to evaluate both...