Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Need help with a creative idea for class.

This is the first time that I've had to ask for advice on what or how to setup an idea. This is for class, part of the final portfolio and it is due in two weeks. I am really stuck on this one.

Here is the assignment. It is called verb, noun, and adjective. There was a list of verb, noun and adjective, we picked a random 3 digit number and whatever number falls into the verb, noun and adjective, we have to take a picture of it.

I just got a really hard one to make creative.

Here is what I got stuck with:
-ridge
-leaning
-toaster

I don't know how I can make this creative. We can shoot it in any way, photo shop as much as we want, but just as long as it has those 3 term in them.

Some examples from other students where, flaming hand flying. He shot an image of his hand, photoshopped some fire and put wings on the hand with the background of the sky. Something like that.

I would like to do something creative like that as well. Of course I can just take a picture of the toaster leaning, but that would be boring.

Any ideas? Let your imagination go loose. I am really good in photoshop so no worry there.

04-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
Nubi

I suggest you start taking pictures, and go from there. I am not kidding. Just start shooting. Now. Really.
04-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you ever plan on taking a creative writing class, please let us know so we can get your papers written up in plenty of time.
04-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I am not asking you to do the assignment for me. I am just stuck thinking of a creative way to shoot this without being so straight forward.

I've tried to staged this shot a few times already and all of them came out to be straight foward, just a toaster leaning.

04-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SuperAkuma Quote
I am not asking you to do the assignment for me. I am just stuck thinking of a creative way to shoot this without being so straight forward.
Same difference. Anything any of us could tell you would be our creativity (of which I blessed with zero, by the way) and not your own.

Asking for material help, such as the loan of a toaster, or practical help, such as advice regarding how to weld a toaster to something, would be acceptable. That sort of thing is just technical stuff to be worked out on the road to implementing the idea.

But the idea....that's the creativity part. Getting it from anyone else would be the same as cheating.
04-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
I would advice you to not let the three words have the main role in the picture.
Just do what you usually do and try to sneak in these words somewhere.
04-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Think outside the box.
Rather than a leaning toaster, lean some toast.

04-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Think outside the box.
Rather than a leaning toaster, lean some toast.
I wonder what word could be used to describe the adjoining top edges of two pieces of toast leaned against each other.....