Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mood Boards?

I was asked what a Mood Board is and how it differs from a Story Board. This may seem convoluted but this is how I described what a Mood Board is:

A Mood Board unlike a Story Board, does not indicate a progression of images that will actually be shot, nor the actual setting. What it does do is describe a flavour or nuance of what the ambience of the image will be. It is akin to an interior designer showing colour and texture codes to their clients. It is not a specific chronological plan or set design as would be established in a story board. It is a visual and sensory direction. It uses metaphor's and analogies rather than concrete specific and pragmatic details. Mood boards are being asked of by editors more and more these days to assist them in understanding the direction you are considering and helps them decide if that is the direction they wish to explore as well.

Benjamin Kanarek Blog | Benjamin Kanarek Blog

Attached Images

04-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've never heard of this before. Very interesting idea. I like the way this does just what it says - show the mood. Thanks for sharing this.
05-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Very cool idea. Never heard of this before.