Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First american pentax shop opens in new york city

News update from the official Pentax website:

NEW YORK (June 23, 2010)…PENTAX Imaging Company proudly opened the doors of the first PENTAX camera boutique this evening within Willoughby’s Camera, New York City’s oldest photographic emporium. Designed to highlight both the serious and fun sides of the PENTAX product line, the new shop-in-shop puts visitors within easy reach of the award winning K-7 SLR, premium lenses, the colorful K-x, stylish and rugged compact cameras and a full line of sport optics including binoculars and scopes.
“Whether you’re a devoted Pentaxian or simply considering PENTAX for the very first time, our mission is to offer every visitor a thorough, hands-on experience,” said Ned Bunnell, President, PENTAX Imaging Company. “Willoughby’s is now a unique outfitter to prepare all who are ready for their next PENTAX photography adventure.”
The opening was marked by a reception hosted by the two classic brands that have enjoyed a partnership for more than half a century. Guests included Willoughby’s owner Joseph Douek, space designer Alex McCord (star of the Bravo series HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK), PENTAX executives Ned Bunnell, John Hodnett and Mark Sherengo, members of the press, as well as family and friends.
The store officially opens to the public at 9:00 AM on Thursday, June 24, 2010. From noon to 2:00 PM on this day, shoppers may venture in to “trade-in” any pre-owned camera for major savings on a new PENTAX digital camera purchased over-the-counter from Willoughby’s. (Visit store for details.)

The PENTAX Boutique at Willoughby’s Camera is located at:
298 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10001

Store Hours:
Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Sat-Sun: 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM

PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of a variety of digital cameras including weather resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For over 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc.
# # #
Media contact:
Michelle Martin
Michelle.martin@pentax.com

Consumers:
1-800-877-0155
pentaxinfo@pentax.com
www.youtube.com/pentaxian1
www.facebook.com/pentax

More...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Guess they're finally realizing, that even though most people will buy online, they still want to hold them in a store first.
06-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A great sign that Pentax is on a recovery curve. I just wish I was closer to New York...
06-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
A promising start for sure- maybe it'll help Pentax gain overally popularity.

06-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME! I think i'll head over to NYC soon (~4 hour drive). What is a Willoughby’s? Im intrigued about the "camera trade-in" program that they have.
06-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #6

Wow. I pass by Willoughby's all the time. This is great news. They've had a huge K-7 ad plastered across their window for a few months.
06-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

And to think I'm gonna be near 32nd street tomw. Heh heh

06-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
Veteran Member

CRAP I'll be there in 2 weeks! I would have picked up a K-7 for sure if i could get that camera trade in deal!!!
06-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member

This is awesome to hear, I've even been to willoughby's! Whoever goes there take a picture of it. I'm curious to see what it looks like. I don't recall willoughby's being all that big...
06-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
Veteran Member

This is a great sign! Pentax is most definitely on the rise. And I plan on rising with them.
06-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #11

Passed by the shop today really quick. It looks like the rearranged the store to turn the front area into a sort of small Pentax/Leica boutique. They share space with Leica on the left and Pentax on the right.

I can pass by and maybe take a few shots if you guys like.
06-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by FullertonImages Quote
This is a great sign! Pentax is most definitely on the rise. And I plan on rising with them.
SAME HERE!

BUT I am going to need a way to use my 31 and 77 Limiteds on a GREAT PENTAX FULL FRAME camera soon (within 9-12 months)
06-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #13

I was able to get to Willoughby's yesterday for the noon to 2 PM sale.
Their add said trade in ANY camera and receive a $300 credit towards the purchase of any Pentax DSLR. I bought an old Kodak Achieva film camera with me (I think that's what it's called). I told the counter person that I'd like to buy a Kx with 18-55 lens in white and trade in my old Kodak for the $300 credit. He said no problem and wrote up the sales ticket for $649 less the $300 credit.
It was that simple. I walked out with a brand new factory boxed white Kx with the lens for $349 plus tax (plus the Kodak).
I walked back in the store and got a really good deal on a 55-300 DA (not the L kit version). I was out the door with the entire purchase for less than $600, tax and all.
They meant to sell me the L version but quoted me the L price on the non-kit DA version that has the metal mount, hood & MF ring. They realized they made a mistake while I was paying but honored the price, being that that's what they quoted and the non-kit lens is what they showed me at the counter. Even with the L version lens, I think $549 + tax for the Kx with both lens is a very fair price. I got a little extra lucky with the DA.
I checked the EXIF shutter count on the first few pictures I took just to make sure the KX was new and it was.
VERY SATISFIED!
06-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #14

Kudos!
06-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #15

Just called about the trade-in program guys. Apparently the $300 trade-in deal was only for Thursday, but they still have a $75 (Point and shoot) and $150 (SLR) deal until the 27th!