Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Retro version of the PENTAX I-10

On July 15, 2010, Hoya released these news:

HOYA CORPORATION Imaging Systems Division is pleased to announce the addition of a retro-taste, black-and-silver version of the SLR-shaped, multi-feature PENTAX Optio I-10 camera (launched in February 2010) to its digital compact lineup.

Named the PENTAX Optio I-10 Classic Silver, this new model was created in response to users’ enthusiastic requests for a black-and-silver appearance reminiscent of the beloved SLR film cameras of the past. The combination of a black-colored front panel with a high-quality, textured-leather-like finish and silver-colored top and bottom panels results in an elegant, retro-taste look closely resembling that of a classic SLR camera. It is a unique design that will make it a very personal photographic tool for many photo enthusiasts.

The full press release can be found here:

PENTAX Optio I-10 Classic Silver A retro-taste, black-and-silver version of the eye-catching, SLR-shaped digital compact camera

Attached Images

07-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Nice! Now give us a new body already

Good to hear that Pentax is listening to the community, though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-21-2010, 03:37 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
That's a good looking one
07-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Now if they'd only do an SLR interchangable lens version and start making the old Auto 110 lenses again... That'd be a killer!

08-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
RAW???

I wish this shot in RAW, it would be near perfect then.
08-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Pentax may have its weaknesses, but it sure can make some pretty drool worthy looking cameras.
08-17-2010, 04:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Pentax may have its weaknesses, but it sure can make some pretty drool worthy looking cameras.
You can say that again, they really know how to make a slick looking body....had I not had some med expenses this spring I would have really considered pulling the trigger on the K-7 Silver as it wasn't that much more costly than the standard K-7, granted getting one was a bit tricky though it could be done. In fact it can still done if you hunt a bit and not for a serious premium all things considered. However, for me, it won't ever happen but it would have been fun.
09-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
Pentaxian

RAW? I'd settle for shutter priority and manual shooting modes.