Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ray Pulley Quote

I am sure that the Nikon system is good and that you would be happy with the products, but I seriously doubt that they will keep you any better informed than Hoya will.

Ray
What, dont they know our email address?

jees.......

11-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PaulAndAPentax Quote
Quoted from Ned Bunnell's blog:

"Pentax Letter to Customers
blah blah blah etc

From my view as the new President of Pentax Imaging USA, this is good news for our future and yours as a PENTAX photographer."

It would seem that he remains positive about the fate of the photography division....
I suppose he wasnt going to say we are in deep poo and the world is going to cave in as we know it, is he. LOL

Someone needs to say to Ned "i got a positve cash flow account and want to buy a 300mm lens, how long to i need to save for before this becomes a reality?" or "like wow, i saw your blog site but i can't see any long shots, wtf?, whats happening there"

We can assume and read into this what we like but reality is the door could close tomorrow or reopen the next day. As long as enough people want the stuff they will be making and selling it.

In the meantime while the crystal ball is unfogging, we could be out shooting.
I am going to keep saving for that lens that i can't afford anyhow, in the vain hope that the aussie dollar goes through the roof and they sell for under a grand. rofl

Cheers Neil
11-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knumbnutz Quote
I suppose he wasnt going to say we are in deep poo and the world is going to cave in as we know it, is he. LOL

Someone needs to say to Ned "i got a positve cash flow account and want to buy a 300mm lens, how long to i need to save for before this becomes a reality?" or "like wow, i saw your blog site but i can't see any long shots, wtf?, whats happening there"

We can assume and read into this what we like but reality is the door could close tomorrow or reopen the next day. As long as enough people want the stuff they will be making and selling it.

In the meantime while the crystal ball is unfogging, we could be out shooting.
I am going to keep saving for that lens that i can't afford anyhow, in the vain hope that the aussie dollar goes through the roof and they sell for under a grand. rofl

Cheers Neil
Yes I was thinking the same thing. What were they supposed to say....Better buy your camera now since we won't be making anymore... or we don't have a clue as to where Hoya is leading us but were upbeat anyways...
My big problem w/ the letter....... NO specifics, just market speek.. Give me some MEAT please.
11-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #19

As an English major, I read the announcement as being about as bland and meaningless as plain yogurt. There is really NO solid information except a firm date to complete the merger and vague "assurances" that various Pentax divisions will continue to function and/or exist afterwards. If these two guys were politicians, I'd swear they were running for president with these kinds of announcements that aren't really announcing ANYTHING!
As jeffkrol pointed out, there is absolutely no meat to this at all. If it was a sandwich, I'd be asking, "Where's the beef?" What a masterpiece of political doublespeak!
Rob W

11-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Why not just wait and see what the new year brings? Speculation is pointless (although I suppose it is interesting). Better to become more involved in your photography than to speculate on things that are impossible to know at this juncture.