07-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Google Translate

Test of the Astro.....Tracer

07-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
BH is listing it back ordered at $249 shipped.
07-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hey folks,

I just got off the phone with the Pentax Webstore after speaking with Gloria and Heather.
First, the "in stock" date will be August 1st, 2011, NOT mid-july as they say on their website.

Gloria looked things up and right now in their system there are three Purchase Orders (POs) for the incoming inventory. Each shipment will have about 40 units and on August 1st, there will be two shipments based on the POs. That means that on August 1st, there will be about 80 units available. The next PO will be September 1st.

Right now there are 16 people that have pre-ordered the GPS unit from the Pentax Webstore (me included).

The Pentax webstore is not an actual Pentax company, but a "webfront", but the official one from Pentax.

As for the GPS unit arriving at other places? Who knows how much they will get and what their availability will be.

Since I'm going on a trip (in September) where I can use the GPS unit, this information made me go ahead and pre-order from the Pentax Webstore.

FYI.
07-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Am i able to make a custom Firmware so the kx can work with the gps unit?

07-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #20
Site Supporter

I am so looking forward to this. I can't remember the last time Pentax came up with a new DSLR accessory? It's been a while!

In all the pictures I have seen, there is no cable leaving the device to connect to the camera. If that is the case, then this beats other DSLR cameras out there, that don't use an intelligent Hot shoe.

I wonder if I will be able to use my flash connectors at the same time or at least connected at the same time?
07-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #21

This will make astrophotography much simpler. Normally, precise alignment is required to avoid the stars appearing as little ovals or streaks.Typically, anything over 30 seconds with a 10mm lens will have problems. Still need 1600-3200 ISO f/2.8 for these shots of the whole sky, so 300 seconds will be a boon. Realistically, only suited for use with a K5.
07-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Wahooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear LAUREN:

Your Pentax Webstore order W8XXXXXXXXXXXX has shipped from our distribution
center today and your package is now in the possession of the
carrier.

My O-GPS-1 is on it's way!!!!!!
07-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #23
Site Supporter

They are shipping in the USA!!!!

07-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Hey folks,

I just got off the phone with the Pentax Webstore after speaking with Gloria and Heather.
First, the "in stock" date will be August 1st, 2011, NOT mid-july as they say on their website.

Gloria looked things up and right now in their system there are three Purchase Orders (POs) for the incoming inventory. Each shipment will have about 40 units and on August 1st, there will be two shipments based on the POs. That means that on August 1st, there will be about 80 units available. The next PO will be September 1st.

Right now there are 16 people that have pre-ordered the GPS unit from the Pentax Webstore (me included).

The Pentax webstore is not an actual Pentax company, but a "webfront", but the official one from Pentax.

As for the GPS unit arriving at other places? Who knows how much they will get and what their availability will be.

Since I'm going on a trip (in September) where I can use the GPS unit, this information made me go ahead and pre-order from the Pentax Webstore.

FYI.
I don't know what happened to the August 1st date, but I am TOTALLY thrilled it's on it's way!!!

07-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #25
Site Supporter

Ok, I've been using it for a couple of days, and I can report that it's a GREAT accessory for the K5. No wires or cables, just a neat little device that sits on the camera. I LOVE it. The only thing I'd like to be able to do is use the function button to map the GPS screen(s) directly. This is definitely going to be a must have device for the cameras that support it. This is a winner from Pentax! Awesome!