Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wish me luck

I'm going to go for the K10D. I hope the rebate works out OK for me. It concerns me that some of you are having problems with the process. There is a number you can call if there is a problem or delay.

12-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm thinking of getting the k10d after owning and loving the k110d for about a year. But I've noticed a lot of sites saying that buying the body only will be enough to qualify for the rebate but the rebate paperwork says that you need to buy the kit. I do see that the rebate paperwork says to only send in the upc f/ the body, but a receipt copy must be sent which will show whether the kit was purchased or the body alone. So.... wondering if anyone has been successful getting their rebate on the body alone?

Thanks in advance!
12-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Morro Quote
I still haven't gotten my $50 rebate from May. The phone # from the rebate form is disconnected and CSR from Pentax is simply rude.
I guess it's time to call BBB

That's funny (the BBB part) as they are eunochs.

I've recently been able to email, fax and phone the rebate people to straighten out the last one sucessfully.
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Body Rebate

The rebate form I have states the rebate is valid for Body Only purchase of K10D and K100D. Also, I read the new reported linked in a previous post. I'm pretty out of date and definitely not a global mover and shaker but I always thought people turned to places like Hong Kong and Singapore for stellar deals on consumer goods. I don't know. I just buy what's available to me and pay the going price.

01-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Alamm001,
I called Pentax tech support a couple days ago and was told that if I had a problem with a rebate, that they would help me with it. Give them a call.

Dave

PS: Canada has cheap drugs and the USA has cheap cameras. Nothing is fair.
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #21

I emailed Pentax Canada and asked them a pretty straight forward question. Here is the response i got, i thought it's fairly laughable at how they dodge the question.

Thank you for your email regarding rebates. PENTAX Canada Inc.currently does not have any rebate promotions running at this time.PENTAX Canada Inc. and PENTAX Imaging Company are subsidiaries of PENTAXCorporation. We operate as separate business units and develop salesand marketing programs for our own respective markets.

I am aware that PENTAX in the USA is running a rebate promotion rightnow on some of the DSLR's, lenses and accessories. This rebatepromotion is only for the USA market. In the section "Please note theadditional terms of this offer", it states that the "(2) offer good onlyfor USA, APO and FPO addresses." I am not sure how thorough theirrebate company is at verifying USA addresses or not. Based on thiscondition of the promotion, it is very possible that your rebate claimwould not be honored.

We do not plan to run a similar promotion in Canada in the near future.In addition, PENTAX Canada Inc. offers a 2nd year warranty on allDigital SLR's and lenses that are purchased from authorized Canadian dealers.

If you have any further questions regarding our rebate promotions or ourproducts, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Pentax CanadaService/RepairsMaria Gagliardi1.800.461.6203 x 324Fax:905-286-55911770 Argentia RoadMississauga OntarioL5N 3S7Always keep your serial number for your records!

-----Original Message-----From: terry xxxxx@hotmail.com Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 9:03 PMTo: Customer ServiceSubject: - canadian rebates terry is requesting a Pentax Representative contact them.
The following is the information that they have submitted:------ Contact Information: terry
E-mail Address: xxxxx@hotmail.com

Reason for Contact: Comments: how come there are never any rebate offers for canadian buyers?
01-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Gereat news of you are American

That is wonderful news if you are an American. But what about the rest of us.

Talk to Pentax in our own country. Some did and got no where.

Our canadian dollar is worth more than the American Dollar, yet we are still, as consumers are getting gouged...

Pentax Products get shipped everywere, unless you live with in the country that assembles the product.

I live in fort mcmurray just a drive away from the oil rich fields. Try buying a house. you need a half a million dollars or more. Some are way over the million mark. you get this tiny lot, and there is nothing fancy about the house. Floors, walls, celing, basement, and an upper level. Not to mention a fixer upper as well. Just plain boring. Talk about gouging here.

Rent is like 2,000.00 or more. And that is just for their suite, but it is only a dive.. or a 2 bedroom unit.. Trust me rent goes up so crazy. That you need everybody working in order to support the landlord..

Our gas for driving is by the liter and at 1.06 and going up. Does not cost money to ship the gas to us, but we get our gas from somewhere else. Wile USA get there gas from us. Pick the bonse out of that..

What is the point of free trade.. There is no such thing as free..

Laurie : P
01-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #23

Too all who qualified for the rebate, can you please post the check value that you received (if you got it yet, if not, check rebatestatus.com and see what it says there)?

I purchased a K100D Super kit from NewEgg.com, not expecting to qualify for the $100 rebate since the product code on NewEgg.com's site didn't match with the rebate form. When I got it and opened it, to my surprise, I found the qualifying codes! So I sent in the following along with my rebate form:

UPC cut out from body box
UPC cut out from lens box
UPC cut out from container box
Receipt

I checked their rebate status site a few months later, and found out that instead of qualifying for the $100 rebate that I was expecting, they said I qualify for a $200 rebate. Then I checked a week ago and saw they mailed it out.

I thought it was an error, until I received my check today. $200, with a big PENTAX logo on it, with "PENTAX thanks you for your purchase!" printed below. That brought my total purchase price down to about $350 for the whole kit.

I was just wondering if anyone else got lucky.

03-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #24
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is a skyport and how much it cost?